Design submitted by Matt from Canada.
Matt says: I had the idea while seeing a car commercial. The different street lines caught my attention. So I used them to indicate the hours, the minutes and the pm indicator.
The screen is mono-color e-paper yellow on black, or could be white on black. From the top view, you can see that the case doesn’t pass on the left and the right of the glass, because of the width.
3 different length/pattern are used to indicate the time:
- 1/2 height dual-lines for the hours
- 1/4 height single-line for the 5 minutes, and the last for the pm indicator.
- Full height single-line for minutes 1-4
I’ve made 3 alternative versions:
- A truck version: the 1/2 height dual-lines are replaced by blocks of the same size.
- A bus version: the 1/2 height dual-lines are put together, which make the hours, and the display, less wide.
- A “single-lines only” version: the 1/2 height dual-lines are simply single-line, which make the hours, and the display, even less wide.
Alarm and date could be added. The hours and 5 minutes segments could be inverted.