Rock out with the “Diapason” Guitar watch

Design submitted by Delphine from France.

Delphine says: I’m an amateur guitar player and I love music so I’d love to wear a guitar watch.

I see the design made with a metal case with luminous lines representing guitar strings. The strap is made in leather with metal frets (like a guitar fretboard) closed  by a “jaws” clasp.

I tell the time on a screen. The numbers are made with string lines.

I think this design can be worn by anybody. Guitar players and people who like rock music of course, but music is universal ;)

What makes my design stand out :

- a touch screen (strumming the screen strings reveals the time)

- a tuner mode (A 440 Hz). Make it sounds by pushing the vibrato bar.

- 3 indication LEDs : one for low battery, an other for alarm mode and the third for tuner mode activity.

Rating: 3.3/5
Rock out with the "Diapason" Guitar watch, 3.3 out of 5 based on 42 ratings

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Rock out with the “Diapason” Guitar watch”

1. avatar Nev says:

Activating the time by strumming is a really cool idea. Shame the numbers can look like you’ve broken the strings, but it still looks good. Not something I’d go for myself, but 5* for a great idea. Good luck.

This is certainly “outside of the box” thinking and as far as I know unique. I admire the creativity but this one is not for me. The theme is a subjective matter which I’m sure some will love. I think if the body of the watch was more subtle (less literal) it may appeal to more people. (I’m aware that will sound a little ironic to some blog regulars as I have submitted many literal themed designs myself!) I gave you 5* for creativity and support but I would not buy for myself. Best of luck and welcome to the blog! :D

Hi Delphine, an nice idea which also crossed me the spirit, but for another instrument. I like the drawing made with the means of the edge and which competes with current high technologies, to describe an good idea.
    I do not play personally of the guitar, but I like the “Rock’n'Roll”, therefore this work deserves a 5* and one Yes.

4. avatar Delphine says:

Thanks guys!
    And thanks TF for publishing my design!
    It’s the first time I design something and it’s very cool to see it here.
    I made another very different and less subjective and I hope it will be published too.

Thanks again :)

Hi Delphine,

I’m not sure what to make of this! But it’s good to see something different, and I’d like to congratulate you on your first submission by giving you a 5Y!

6. avatar Firdaus 2013 says:

I like the idea, and almost fully agree with dzign555. I think a wood version would be interesting!

7. avatar xian says: