Chronicle analogue ninja watch design

Design submitted by Firdaus from Malaysia.

Firdaus says: Dated back in 2011, I designed this watch but hesitated to submit it to the TFJDS blog. I was afraid it might look quite similar to Uzumaki concept design. Recently during digging some old files in my computer, I stumbled upon this design and thought to give it a chance and submit it this time considering it doesn’t actually look similar to realized version of Uzumaki.

This is an analog watch design with EL backlight. Inspired by some element in Japanese manga and anime, this design might appeal to those who love ninja and samurai theme as it resembles shuriken, ninja symbolism, and cursive eye.

I think people who like Uzumaki design might find this design appealing too. A good alternative to Uzumaki watch with more prominent, brave and bold fashion statement.

This watch design is feasible to be made. The dials can be made the same way as Uzumaki’s. I can say, like the Rogue watch has its brother Rogue SR2, Uzumaki watch can also has its brother, I name it Chronicle watch design.

Rating: 4.0/5
Chronicle analogue ninja watch design, 4.0 out of 5 based on 83 ratings

Tags: , , , , ,

16 Responses to “Chronicle analogue ninja watch design”

1. avatar Damon says:

I was iffy about the time telling, only because it won’t always be precise at times. But the backlight is so fantastic that it’s worth only knowing the approximate minute at only certain times. Great design, would make a great watch and great purchase.

Very simple and very pretty! Beautiful graphics as always! 5/Y best of luck Fir! :D

3. avatar Krautesh Vakir says:

Winner!!! this is a very cool piece of work Firdaus 5/Y

4. avatar Toby says:

Very cool, simple but effective :)

A neon green would be my colour of choice!

5/Y

I love your tokei no dezain! :) How come your designs are so funky, Firdy? 5*/Y

6. avatar gordon says:

I really like this watch. You should have a fast forward animation to really show it off, but really nice watch just the same 5*

7. avatar logan says:

I like that I know this design is by Firdaus just from the images. Very energetic and youthful.

8. avatar Leonard Lee Kah Khiong says:

Very similar to uzumaki and turbine v3, you created with Peter! But, I like this new one the most! 5 stars!

9. avatar Firdaus says:

╭━━┳╮╭┳━━┳━┳┳┳╮╭━┳┳━┳┳╮╭━┳╮╋╭┳━┳━┳━┳┳━┳━┳┳━┳╮
    ╰╮╭┫╰╯┃╭╮┃┃┃┃╭╯╰╮┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┳┫╰┳╯┃┳┫╋┣╮┃┃┃┃┃┃┃┳┫┃
    ╋┃┃┃╭╮┃┣┫┃┃┃┃╰╮╭┻╮┃┃┃┃┃┃┻╋╮┃╭┫┻┫╮╋┻╮┃┃┃┃┃┃┻┫┃
    ╋╰╯╰╯╰┻╯╰┻┻━┻┻╯╰━━┻━┻━╯╰━╯╰━╯╰━┻┻┻━━┻━┻┻━┻━╋┫
    ╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╋╰╯

10. avatar Swift_451 says:

I like this but its too similar to the Uzumaki design

Actually I like this more than the Uzumaki (the produced version). Very nice and incredibly simple way to display time. クロニクルは好きだ。

12. avatar Firdaus says:

““““$$´´´´´´$$$$$´´´´´´´´´´´$$
    “““““$$$´$$$$´´´´´´´´´´´$$$
    ““““““`$$$$$´´´´´´$$$$$
    “““““““““$$$$$$

JUST ROCKS!

13. avatar Dana says:

I love the idea for this watch! I’ve been on a hunt to look for a unique watch for awhile now and I must say, I’d get this in a heartbeat.

Although, my one little nitpick with the design is the seconds dial. I’m not so sure how it would work out being so small, but I’m sure it’d be fun watching it tick around and around.

Nonetheless, very cool concept. Would buy :)

• avatar Firdaus R says:

Hi Dana.

The second dial need to be small so the movement can handle the design, otherwise it wouldn’t work or need to utilize normal hand design. Many unique analog watches in this category don’t have second dial due to the limitation of analog movement, but I’ve seen watches like this with second dial, rule of thumb, it must be light or small so the movement can handle it.

Thank you.

I like the overall look and the non-classical crown position. You could add 3 x 12 lines/dots, on the white lines, for indicators. 4*. ( even if, at this time, I wouldn’t buy it because I doubt I would wear it )