Black Widow LCD watch is wrist wear for superheroes

Design submitted by Sam from Germany.

Sam says: The BLACK WIDOW is inspired by the red hourglass marking of a spider with the same name. This marking and the combination of red and glossy black led to this watch concept.

The watch picks up some spider elements like the legs and sharp bends. The centrally placed hourglass marking has been given legs which span two trianglular displays. Each of them accommodates a pair of abstract legs. These legs and the space between them tell the hours and minutes by mirror LCD segments. So in the end there are 8 more or less recognizable legs.

Next to the glossy black and red a silver material has been incorporated not only for the display but also as main material for the straps that enganges the case area. There are two sharp red buttons on the side that break up the symmetry of the watch.

BLACK WIDOW is an eye catching and easy to read design for everyone who likes to make a stylish fashion statement with sharp colors and shapes and of course for fans of the spider with that special hunger.

Rating: 3.8/5
Black Widow LCD watch is wrist wear for superheroes, 3.8 out of 5 based on 108 ratings

Tags: , , , , , ,

32 Responses to “Black Widow LCD watch is wrist wear for superheroes”

1. avatar Mašout says:

Briefly: Love the design, hate the digits. And by love I mean Love and by hate I mean Hate.

2. avatar Jordan from Canada says:

I actually really like the digits… They go really well with the theme and overall idea of the design! I don’t think it’s realistic though that every segment of each digit is raised above the face however as shown in your renderings :) still worthy of my ***** vote!

Thought it would be fun to include my sweet captcha is “drag the knife to the bathroom” where the knife is someone holding a knife ready to stab someone and the bathroom is someone behind a shower curtain…

• avatar Samukun says:

Lmao the new captchas rock xD

Thank you for the support Jordan! Oh the digits are above black background but below glass. Not sure where the “face” is ;)

3. avatar Mike Cummings says:

Flawless design…….seems to reveal designers keen sense of natural elements spun into this spiders web of execution and details. Definitely a sellable product in my book. Thank you for the gleam you have once again sparked in my eyes.

4. avatar Tokyoflash Japan Product Design Studio says:

I like it – it focuses on the object rather than the time; which is shown simply, with a subtle twist.
    Its totally off the wrist of the x-men or someone like that – probably a super-villain rather than hero.
    Anyone into comics/manga/anime has got to admire this design.

If I had to change something, it would be to make the digits a bit larger.

That last rendering really is a beauty.

• avatar Samukun says:

Thanks so much for the words! So cool how ~super~ the watch is interpreted. Pretty big clientel ^^ Mr. Vakir suggested to move the inner legs outward. That would stretch the numbers, making them bigger. That’s worth a try because the display is used more economically then.

BTW I hate spiders * /(>o>)/ but the black widow looks awesome!

5. avatar Svenvonk says:

One Word: WOW

I like the hourglass being extended to create a spider. That’s cool Sam. I’m not so keen on the numbers tho. They feel a bit squashed.

I like it, very bold design! I can imagine this really appealing to younger buyers. Maybe a black-line edition would help it appeal to the more conservative. I like the fact its digital but do wonder if the digits could be combined more with the spidey hourglass? Either way 5/Y best of luck sir! :D

8. avatar Leonard Lee Kah Khiong says:

I like the design very much! Especially how the black widows being interpret into a modern, simple and nice looking time piece! 5 stars!

9. avatar Krautesh Vakir says:

My only change would be to stretch the middle *legs* forward and back to make the digits a wee bit bigger. Other than that, brilliant piece Sam 5/Y

10. avatar logan says:

Unexpected design, Sam. I can imagine a lot of superhero/villain fans going for this.

11. avatar Henry217 says:

This is very nice! :awaits for all Avengers watches: :D

12. avatar ZGTech says:

Like this watch a lot! 5/Y I was also wondering how you make 3D images. I’m new to the designing thing and want to make my upcoming concepts 3D.

• avatar Samukun says:

Hi ZG! Thanks for the support. I use 3ds Max for 3D modelling. But if you’re totally new, Blender is cool for you cause it’s free and strong. But it takes alot of time until you reach yummy results. If you have an idea you can still sketch and make photo collages (physical or digital) and alot of other 2D actions to share it.

13. avatar Firdaus R says:

Quite an okay design, a bit mainstream like something ever seen, but I love the devilry spidey element here, it is indeed the highlight of this design.

14. avatar Leeuwke13 says:

really nice design. It’s not to hard to read the time and looks really cool.

15. avatar BTrayaL says:

Love it all.

I like the overall look. I agree that the digits should be bigger, but just a bit. I would buy.