Ebi e-paper watch minimal and stylish

Design submitted by Devindh from the UK.

Devindh says: I called this design ‘Ebi’ because the eventual design reminded me of a lobster. The idea stemmed from my exploration of e-paper. I wanted to incorporate laser cut pieces of e-paper into a design, as this display technology lends itself to custom shapes.

The majority of the watch appears solid. My idea was to give the screens the appearance of having been cut away and revealed. The watch consists of 2 custom shaped e-paper screens. The time is told in 24 hour format, with hours on the left screen, and minutes on the right.

This watch is aimed at people who appreciate the readability and ‘newness’ of e-paper displays.

I think the use of e-paper as a design feature should help this design stand out.

Rating: 4.1/5
Ebi e-paper watch minimal and stylish, 4.1 out of 5 based on 78 ratings

Tags: , , , , ,

33 Responses to “Ebi e-paper watch minimal and stylish”

1. avatar TheWhispofSmoke says:

Great design looks good seems make-able definite buy if the right price
    5* y

• avatar Colored circle says:

Thanks ‘Whisp’. I’m sure that TokyoFlash will always produce watches at an affordable price, so we’ll see:) Thanks.

2. avatar Ray says:

I ******* LIKE THIS!!!

It’s a nice idea. I love the black and the red. It would be better if there was a 12 hour format option. Then, I might buy. ( a date/month option would also be nice )

• avatar Makkovik says:

and TF could make it as a LED ( but e-paper would be better since it’s a always on technology )

• avatar Colored circle says:

Thanks Makko. I didn’t really think of the multi function aspect of this watch when I designed it, and perhaps it is not suited to showing different kinds of time.

4. avatar Firdaus says:

LED, LCD or e-Paper, I’m gona get this! Very good design!
    Devindh I admire your work, I can sense your passion in design, I like to see more futuristic and cryptic from your work, nonetheless, this design is 5*!

• avatar Colored circle says:

Thanks Firdaus. Guys like you, Pete, and Sam, have the ‘futuristic’ and ‘Cryptic’ sector locked down:) I think my strengths are in minimal designs:) BTW, Congratulations on getting your watch produced. It’s great to see the realisation of your efforts.

Welcome back Devindh!!!

Wonderful shape, cool numbers. I agree with Fir, no matter what technology sits in there, it’s a very good design. Hehe, the skin colored and reddish one also remind me of an 海老. Very nice analogy and a cool name and image to advertise. I like the simplicity, the color variations, the segmentation, the holes and the way the numbers are placed – very nice. 5*/YES the blue one/Good luck!

Nice graphics Devindh, but it just seems a bit bland to me.

• avatar mushy says:

I think it’s just because I don’t like watches with a blank space in the middle. Also, like Firdy says, it would be good if you introduced a cryptic element.

• avatar Colored circle says:

Hey Mushy, thanks for the expanded crit. I think that the dynamism of the ideas on this blog can make many designs seem bland by comparison. Look forward to seeing more work from you.

5 * from me!

8. avatar Krautesh Vakir says:

I also think that something could or should be in the middle to give it an extra element to look at. Love the design none the less. 5/Y

• avatar Colored circle says:

Hi Krautesh.

I wanted to show a version with the central area containing solar strips. But I searched online and it is hard to find solar panels that can be made inconspicuous. Solar + e-paper is potentially a gr8 combo from an environmental standpoint.

9. avatar Colored circle says:

The font used on the dimensions sheet is called ‘Neuropol x ‘ and can be found at Typodermic fonts.

I like this watch.
    5 * / Yes.

Looks very nice CC! very fresh and industrial looking, my new fave of your designs! Very interesting use of epaper, if it can be done count me in! Loving the grey one! 5/Y best of luck and welcome back! :D

12. avatar Mr.Taco says:

oh well this look nice and simple, maby the middle needs something but still looks very nice.

Signed:MrTaco