Triple Yin Yang watch contemplates the time.

Design submitted by Andrew from the UK.

Andrew says: I came up with this latest Idea of transforming a Triple Yin Yang symbol in to a watch face.

Each section of the Triple Yin Yang is used to Display a separate section or amount of time that has elapsed within a 12 hour period. The Red Sector is split into 12 section used to display the number of Hours (1-12) that have past. The Black section is divided into five section used to Display the number of Ten Minutes (10-50) that have elapsed. This is Followed by the White section Divided into nine sections used to display the number of single minutes (1-9) that have past.

Anyone interested eastern symbolism or tai martial artist & fashion fanatics.

The Triple Yin Yang is a binary design with a elegant design twist.

Rating: 2.4/5
Triple Yin Yang watch contemplates the time., 2.4 out of 5 based on 41 ratings

Tags: , , , ,

21 Responses to “Triple Yin Yang watch contemplates the time.”

1. avatar Tokyoflash Japan Product Design Studio says:

Andrew has sent in many designs over the past months.
    Some of them have been very promising ideas, but because he doesn’t have the 3D software to render them they have been overlooked.
    Andrew, we liked your Playing Cards design, Atomic Orbit, Zodiac, Vapour Holograph, Honeycomb & Snake.

Keep up the good work!

• avatar Firdaus public says:

I think no 3d skill is not a problem, if someone has a very good idea for display, can design it using Ai (Inkscape in my case) then put the display on a layer top of generic watch picture (with some adjustment and tweaking) using Ps (the Gimp in my case)… I noticed some designers used this method too… (but must be aware about a license of image used). Most of footwear designs are in Ai rendering and designers can make money without even having 3d skill, not to mention fashion design, obviously a pencil sketch. I hope the audience here are mature enough to judge a concept as it is, not the rendering. But if you serious on something, there’s nothing to loose to learn new thing, Blender, Google Sketchup, Wings3d, those are free software that you can learn for own good sake.

• avatar Andrew Joy says:

An alternative version of this time display shown in the 3D & Plan diagrams above is that each of the Three Yins would be Split into four sub section either Horizontal , Vertical or a rippling circle radiating from the centre of the watch face outward one per Hour. Each Yin section would animate in a clockwise Direction. Three Yins each split into four would equal 3×4= 12 hour. The Outer Circle that the 3 Yins are housed in be split in 60 smaller sections used to show the Number of Minutes that have elapsed within any given hour.

• avatar Andrew Joy says:

I have created an updated diagram/s for my new version of this design. I will submit them under the title of Triple Yin Yang updated.

• avatar Andrew Joy says:

Dear Tokyo Flash please could you update My design with the New Diagrams, Bracelet Materials & Sports Strap versions i have outline in my Comment replies. Furthermore please include the changes to the watch display that I have out line in my updated Triple Yin Yang Update Submission.

• avatar Andrew Joy says:

Dear Tokyo
      I am more than pleased with the Style of metal bracelet that you have added to my design. However may I suggest that this design (if constructed) would available in the following Materials: Stainless Steel or Chrome IP Black & Limited edition atomised Colour metal Bracelets. And furthermore in single piece moulded rubber editions in: Black, White, & Limited Colour editions such: Red, Blue or Green Etc.

• avatar Andrew Joy says:

Dear Tokyo
        I am more than pleased with the Style of metal bracelet that you have added to my design. However may I suggest that this design (if constructed) would available in the following Materials Metal Bracelets Stainless Steel or Chrome IP Black & Limited edition anodised Coloured metal. Plus in single piece moulded rubber straps (Sports editions) in: Black, White, & Limited Colour editions such: Red, Blue or Green Etc.

2. avatar Firdaus public says:

I’m too fancy about the symbol, but still couldn’t figure out how to tell the time (thought it was analog, must be freakin awesome). 5* but please explain further!

3. avatar Tokyoflash Japan Product Design Studio says:

Andrew says that the ‘Red Sector is split into 12 sections to display the Hours’
    I think this design can be interpreted in many ways, it could possibly be analogue too.
    (Imagine the 3 ‘yins’ moving over the top of each other…)
    We think its visually appealing, but the exact details are not specified.

• avatar kidkerrigan says:

you could have each symbol subtracting by the right denominations that would be cool or light fractured class fragments :)

4. avatar i m says:

and so how can i read the time??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• avatar Andrew Joy says:

Andrew Joy UK Triple Yang Designer
      Thank Tokyo Flash for posting my concept on your blog.
      I wish to address some of the comment / concerns that have been posted on my design.
      The Time on this watch is divided into three Yins each of which is used to display a separate amount of Binary Time units:Red Yin 1-12 hours, Black Yin 10-50 Minutes & White Yin: 1-9 Single Minutes.
      The Dots within each Yin would be Pm Indicators & would only appear at 12:00 to 23:59 Pm.
      This design Could be either an LCD or LED screen or as some have suggested a analogue design.

• avatar Andrew Joy says:

First of all I’d like to say congrats to Andrew, its not allways easy to get designs on the blog when you have acess to cad etc, so I can imagine submitting sketches has an even lower sucsess rate. So qudos for sticking at it. I would also like to encourage the other people in that situation to keep up the good work also!

I like the idea of the 3 “yins” moving at different speeds and overlapping each other, wheather this would be easily read I dont know. Or the 3 “yins” could be individual analogue clock faces , hours, mins, seconds.
    Visually appealing but needs more clarity on the time telling. I will save my vote untill then! :D

6. avatar Andrew Joy says:

Andrew Joy UK Triple Yang Designer
    Thank Tokyo Flash for posting my concept on your blog.

Hi Andrew! Welcome to the blog! Yin Yang Yong is cool :) Can you make some time examples? It would be cool to see how it works. Come, show us more details from your vision.

8. avatar Zeo Easton says:

Look at this very clean, simple, yet clever Yin Yang watch: http://www.projectswatches.com/daniel-will-harris/yin-yang-two-halves-of-a-whole-38mm/

9. avatar Zeo Easton says:

Look at this very clean, simple, and clever Yin Yang watch–I like how the yin and yang overlap:

10. avatar Avatara says:

Well done Andrew on your first design to be featured on the blog, hope to see more ideas in the future! Personally speaking i’m not a fan of the idea, but great effort nonetheless.

11. avatar RowenaGardner says:

Not all things can work when you are willing to get good grades. Nevertheless, I do know that one thing should aid you! You can ask: ” write my essays “, because that will aid surely.