Dominoes, An LED Watch Design

Design submitted by Peter from the UK.

Peter says: “I was trying to think of a simple manner of displaying the time based on an existing well know product. Dominoes fitted the bill perfectly. They are internationally recognised, and the dots give a very simple method of displaying the time.

The Domino on the left shows the hours the center Domino and the right Domino display the minutes. The dividing bars between the top half and the bottom half of the Dominoes turn green to highlight PM.

I think younger people would be interested in this concept watch design. People who like fun, novel and different products may also be interested in this product and any one with a sense of humour who likes products that don’t take themselves to seriously.

I have not yet seen this idea used in wrist watch, it is simple, easy to manufacture and would be easy to produce in a range of colours and materials.”

dominoes_an_led_watch_designdominoes_an_led_watch_design_side_profiledominoes_an_led_watch_design_silverdominoes_an_led_watch_design_timedominoes_an_led_watch_design_front_profiledominoes_an_led_watch_design_color_optionsdominoes_an_led_watch_design_rear_view
Rating: 2.9/5
Dominoes, An LED Watch Design, 2.9 out of 5 based on 94 ratings

Tags: , , , , ,

31 Responses to “Dominoes, An LED Watch Design”

1. avatar Robert says:

Hello Peter.
    Good idea but i saw yet.
    Black-silver!! That’s I want!!
    2/Y

• avatar Pete says:

Hi Robert,
      I haven’t seen the clock before, its pretty cool and proves the principle works!
      Yeah black and silver works. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Ouch Pete, the link that kills (see above)
    Yet she is very beautiful this watch.
    5 * and Yes to boost morale, but there is-til the copyright?

• avatar Pete says:

hahaha Yeah its does take the edge off it a bit. But still it proves the principle.
      I can image that is possible to copyright the idea but Im no expert on these matters (im sure TF will no more)
      Thanks for the morale boost! :)

3. avatar rachid says:

i agree with robert…
    my advice, use google image finder whenever you have an idea just to be sure not to loose time on things that have allready been done.

• avatar Pete says:

That means that I wont be able to any analogue,LED,LCD,Beltdriven,E-paper, to name a few as argueably they have all been done as both clock and watch. Even if I had spotted the clock, its still a clock and not a wrist watch. But anyway thanks for the comment Rachid :)

Thanks for adding this design to the Blog TF!

5. avatar Gordon says:

they’re gonna have to rename this blog Tokyo Pete. This is a great concept, if I were a domino guy this would be a must have when playing in the park,good work.

• avatar Pete says:

TokyokindaaverageratingsPete would probably be about right! hehe I think TF are clearing the spam folder! If I add my scores together I almost scrape a 4! lol
      Im glad you like it Gordon! :)

Hehehe or Tokyoflash UK :D

+ the domino theme. I like this way of reading numbers on a watch. It’s fresh and cool
    + the rounded rectangles. Stylish way to stay literal but not too cheesy.
    + the materials. Each watch has it’s own appeal. Very nice choice or materials!

- oops, gmta even with trademark sign. I don’t know where one patent starts and the other ends. Stand alone or wall clock versus wristwatch. Who has the right of Dominos, are they free to use? I have no clue. Keep it up Peter, but google a bit more :)

Anyway, totally support-worthy and something stylish for my wrist. 5*/YES

• avatar Pete says:

I googled domino watch, not domino clock! Doh
      Still if it doesnt conflict with copyright etc I think the concept still stacks up.
      After all there are many Tron based clocks and merchandis available, couldnt say which came first but I can’t remember those comments on Scotts entry!
      Hopefully someone will like this and live with the fact there is also a clock available and if they are really into Dominos they could buy both!
      Thanks for the support! :)

7. avatar Firdaus public says:

Domino

8. avatar logan says:

Creative idea! If Tokyoflash opens a shop in Las Vegas or Macau, they’ll sell tons of these.

• avatar Pete says:

I think it will appeal to people who like retro/nostalgia products too.
      I think there is a market for this type of watch. Thanks for the positive feedback Logan! :)

9. avatar CLP says:

I think this is cool and original for a watch design, who cares there is also a clock out there. I really want one! 5 stars and yes please!

10. avatar Dek says:

This is retro cool! I like it! The time is easy to read and funky too! 5 stars and Yes

11. avatar Jayne says:

Cool! what a funky watch

12. avatar Mystery800 says:

Can you please tell me how you made the image? is it designing software to make it and if it is which one is it?Plz and thanks.

Not long left for this entry so will wrap things up.
    Slightly disapointing score, reasonably well recieved comments wise and some interest on external blogs.
    So thanks to everyone who voted, commented and shared. Hopefully TF see some potential in this entry.

Kind Regards