Hayabusa watch inspired by HALO

Design submitted by Peter from the UK.

Peter says: This is Hayabusa, a design inspired by the armour of the same name in the Halo video games.

The display is in a similar shape to the visor shape of the armour’s helmet.

The time is told in either LCD or LED in a blocks and digital format. The hours are told by 12 blocks in the centre of the display. The minutes are told by digits either side of the blocks. The date could also be displayed by this format.

The display would feature a EL backlight for poor light conditions or for dramatic effect.

The game based inspiration will probably mean that this design will appeal to gamers and teenagers. The material colour and finishes may help it appeal to a wider audience and the simple time telling should allow access for the majority.

The armour based inspiration and industrial look help this design stand out from others.

Rating: 3.3/5
Hayabusa watch inspired by HALO, 3.3 out of 5 based on 161 ratings

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

40 Responses to “Hayabusa watch inspired by HALO”

1. avatar gordon says:

another winner, nice watch Pete 5*

2. avatar Marco says:

I want it!

I like it…except for the khaki one…5y

• avatar Pete says:

Cheers for the feedback, the khaki or green one is the closest to the halo character colours but no worries, the design would suit a range of colours or finishes. So hopefully something to suit most tastes. :)

Hi Pete, I will say that you are always “always one”!
    5* and Yes and some stars in more, for these festivals of end of the year…

• avatar Pete says:

I didn’t expect to see this on the blog this morning. It’s a pleasant surprise, let’s hope it’s popular so this time next year it could be on our wrists! Cheers for the support sir! :D

5. avatar Firdaus-kun says:

Simply brilliant and stylish design here. I like the orange version much. The time telling is not simply digital fonts, the hour marks which you have to count adds tokyoflashy element to the watch. What best is, the design of watch is unique and stylo. I would buy this in heart beat.

• avatar Pete says:

You are too kind sir! I’m glad you likey! Fingers crossed you get the chance to wear one some day! :D
      Cheers for the feedback and support sir! :D

6. avatar Andrew Joy says:

Even the Master Chief Himself would approve of this design concept, 5 Stars.

7. avatar Nev says:

Another great design, Pete.
    Even for those that aren’t gamers, the Scifi look should win many over. I like all but the orange one, so Firdaus can have that one ;) I would probably go for one with the green case and strap, just cos that’s so different (even though I’m not a gamer), although the one with the green numbers is great too. Hope I get to face that difficult decision. 5*/Y (obviously).

• avatar Pete says:

Cheers for the feedback Nev! Yeah hopefully more non-games will like this. Fingers crossed we will have the burden of having to choose one day. A mono-chrome steel and dark grey would be nice too and maybe more mainstream if needed. Cheers for the vote and the support sir! :D

8. avatar Daniyar says:

Nice design, Pete.
    I like most white with yellow version. 5/Yes

9. avatar Vincent Indelicato says:

As a decade long fan of the Halo series, i have dreamed of the day when a watch concept captures the epic essence of the series and today is that day. This watch has a tremendous market and I would be its first buyer. Please go forth with this design and make it a Tokyoflash exclusive. Keep up the awesome designs

• avatar Pete says:

If there was a prize for the most eloquent comment on the blog I think yours would be a winner! :)
      Glad to here positive feedback from a gamer! I’m really pleased you think the design does the inspiration justice. Fingers crossed other gamers get onboard and show TF there is a niche to be exploited. Cheers for the epic feedback and support sir! :D

10. avatar Ramiro says:

As a gamer I can only support this concept and proove that many of us would love to have a watch that reminds us of a game, just imagine if the watch could have a role to play in a game, that would be epic! Enough said, this concept deserve to see the light of day, good renderings as always. I stugle just a litle with the hours, but I’m shure once I practice enough I will recognize in an instant wich hour it is ;) Good job!

• avatar Pete says:

Thanks a lot for commenting Ramiro! Yeah it would be cool if the watch could act as part of the game, maybe the display could activate when an enemy was close by as a proximity warning or something. Glad to see more gamers supporting this design! Cheers very much sir! :D

I never played Halo since I’m married with Sony xD I see the Haloers welcome this watch and you deserve this Pete. It’s an interesting design with a sci-fish display yayb, a bit too literal for me again (you know me) but cool looking. Good luck sir!!

• avatar Pete says:

You have never played a halo game? Wow, you must sir! You can get the first two for PC so there is no excuse! They look a little dated by modern standards but still rate high in the fun stakes. Cheers for the positive feedback despite your halo virginity! ;)

12. avatar cycu66612 says:

GREAT GREAT GREAT when will it be available in store !?
    WHEN IT WILL BE OUT BUYING IT STRAIGHT AWAY

• avatar Pete says:

Thanks for the enthusiasm cycu! If this design was popular and lucky enough to be chosen for development it typically takes about a year to get from concept to buy able product. So fingers crossed you could be wearing one next Christmas! Cheers for the support sir! :D

13. avatar ALinCAL says:

Another AWESOME design Pete!! I am not a Gamer, but I am a Sci-Fi freak, and I would buy this watch in a heartbeat!
    Great color combinations and ‘textures’… and as always great presentation!
    Best of luck!

14. avatar Ebeats says:

This is a beautiful watch!!! I would definitely buy one.

15. avatar Brandon says:

This looks amazing!! I really hope you guys design and make this watch!! I already own 2 of your watches; The Kisai Rogue Touch and The Kisai Blade. I would love to add this to my collection!

16. avatar micaelus says:

I love this watch !!!
    great jobs Peter

17. avatar Rico says:

Looks dope I want 1 or a few

18. avatar mione13 says:

Love this and need this for my boyfriend and myself. Complete Halo junkies. Plus I’ve been looking for a unique watch.

• avatar Pete says:

That’s great to hear Mione13! I hope one day in the future you will be able to go into battle with a matching pair of Hayabusa! :D

Even if I’m not a gamer, I like it. (still not a sell)

Time is nearly up for this one, all there is left to do is thank everyone who voted (honestly), commented and shared! Cheers TF for posting here! Thanks everyone!

Pete from the UK :D