Razor Phone Inspired LED Watch Design

Design submitted by Gordon from the USA.

This watch design was inspired by the old Motorola Razor phone which at the time was thin sleek and very industrial looking.

Time is told using light squares that represent units of measure that are then added up to give you the time – hours on the left and minutes to the right.

This design can be configured in many different ways using different colored lights and materials.

razor_phone_inspired_led_watch_design_readingrazor_phone_inspired_led_watch_design_white_bluerazor_phone_inspired_led_watch_design_gold_bluerazor_phone_inspired_led_watch_design_gold_multiled

Rating: 3.3/5
Razor Phone Inspired LED Watch Design, 3.3 out of 5 based on 57 ratings

Tags: , , , ,

31 Responses to “Razor Phone Inspired LED Watch Design”

Hi Gordon,

I like the display, reminds me of a computer chip on a credit card or a sim card. The case/starp is a bit busy for my taste.
    Is it aimed at Ladies or is it uni-***? If it is uni-*** I would be tempted to make the case wider than the strap.
    Nice work 5* and Yes

2. avatar Jun Fan Lee says:

5* and yes…the display is epic, the way the hours and minutes add up is really cool…and the bracelet is epic, it reminds me of a structure from a futuristic movie or something xD good work

3. avatar Gordon says:

thanks guys, I submitted this one over a moth ago, totally thought it was passed over and forgotten, thanks TF

• avatar Gordon says:

“month”

• avatar Pete says:

That eases my mind, I submitted quite a few a couple of weeks ago and just assumed that they had been either missed or were not good enough. Theres hope yet!

• avatar Jun Fan Lee says:

eases my mind too! haha…ive sent many watches these past few weeks and only one has gotten through…so hopefully my others will go through too :D You can click my name here and see some of the designs i have submitted xD

4. avatar Gordon says:

yeah i was thinkin about you when i saw this to my surprise

5. avatar Keiron says:

Motorola Razr has to go down as one of the best and most futuristic phones of all time, so i love the theme of this design, the watch is ultra slim like the phone and i love the display, and if it had a similar finish to the phones keypad, kinda brushed chrome i would definately buy one. Maybe even approach motorola and try and get it made to be a bluetooth device so that u could answer a call and speak via your wrist. 5* Yes plz

6. avatar Gordon says:

cool comment, thanx!

7. avatar Firdaus ok says:

Hi Gordon.

8. avatar Gordon says:

HEY FIRDAUS

9. avatar AcanthaceousShrike says:

If you meant the Motorola Razr then I must ask you, what details of the phone inspired you? The color? Because there is nothing else reminding me of the phone here. I tolerate the case, it has a nice shape. But the strap is way too overloaded. Less is more, they say. That’s true here. Time reading is not overwheleming because it’s just rectangles.

10. avatar Gordon says:

I guess i was inspired by the razor’s slimness, angular lines and industrial feel. I didn’t set out to make a razor watch, but i appreciate the comments

I tell you what might be nice with your razor watch, you could do a necklace/neckchain version. I could image the watch case as it is now on a chain (it has a jewelry look about it)

12. avatar Gordon says:

Oh yeah like a dog tag, that would have a lot of fun possibilities, talk about flashy

13. avatar Firdaus public says:

Please Gordon, please, I hope you understand me.

14. avatar Gadget Guy says:

Wow the design its great ill will be adding this to my New Top Five heres my od top 5 http://www.squidoo.com/gadget-watch

• avatar Gordon says:

thanks Gadget guy, I saw your list , pretty impressive. Come back, my next watch was just submitted hoping it will be here soon. If you like this one ,I think you will like the next one

• avatar Pete says:

Nice one Gordon. Don’t forget to do the dog-tag version that would be cool :)

15. avatar Gadget Guy says:

Can you please give me a link to it as am starting to write my next top 5 watch article this weekend.

16. avatar Gordon says:

http://www.tokyoflash.com/blog/2011/08/razor-phone-inspired-led-watch-design/ this is the link to this page.
    Not sure yet what will be the link for the one to come(hopefully this week)

http://www.tokyoflash.com/blog/2011/07/ouroboros-inspired-led-watch-design/ This is the link to a past submission that I had fun making “Ouroboros”

17. avatar diclonius says:

love the design, and the band/strap design is even cool too.

not enought pay attention to the band imho, but yours suits the watch perfectly.