Homage to Predator – A Binary LED Watch Design

Design submitted by Laszlo from Hungary.

Laszlo says: “I like Sci-fi movies and this watch is a homage to Predator (1987). I wanted to design a binary watch what resembling the Self-Destruct Mechanism of the Predator.

The watch face is divided into 3 parts. The first part: the hours, the second part: the minutes and the third part indicates the seconds. (In binary format. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32). The seconds indicator creates a spectacular effect.”

homage_to_predator_a_binary_led_watch_design_main_imagehomage_to_predator_a_binary_led_watch_design_animation

Rating: 4.5/5
Homage to Predator - A Binary LED Watch Design, 4.5 out of 5 based on 711 ratings

Tags: , , , ,

45 Responses to “Homage to Predator – A Binary LED Watch Design”

Wow how cool is that! I became friends with binary (check back soon for new design), so my statement definitely is: buybuybuy! It looks damn good Laszlo! Simple appearance, brainy time reading – tokyoflashy.

2. avatar nimrod says:

get to the choppaaaaahhh!!! definitely buy this one, one of the greatests from you laszlo, congrats!

3. avatar Firdaus says:

I would like to see a female predator wears this, maybe a little (and cute one) predator girl playing with watercolour…. that’s my imagination though….. recently I engaged with many interesting things and they made my mood mixed between laughter and crazy… hahaha cute one Laszlo…

4. avatar Cory says:

Come OOOOON! Kill MEEEE! Kill me I’m HEAAA!

Awesome design, Laszlo. *****/y!

5. avatar Mares says:

Ez SZÉP!!!

6. avatar RelaxAndRawr says:

Very well done. Would take some time getting used to the time, but that’s what these watches are all about. And, the thing is that the symbols are very recognizable, so anyone who has watched Predator will know.

7. avatar akicam says:

The most “predatorish” watch I’ve ever seen. The colors of the sign system is very effective. The seconds are formidable. (Again I feel the atmosphere of the film). The time to look worried, but I like it. The film is often looked at, I would love to wear a wristwatch. If sometimes invisible, yet it would be more original. (Of course, this should be alien technology). Five stars!

8. avatar MisterD says:

Damn man. Wished I could finaly be able to render my idea. Slowly it will just get a copy of everything ._.”

welll well.. Still a nice watch :P 5*

9. avatar Laszlo says:

…then this is for your sake…

10. avatar Norrok says:

wow these watches are great!!!!!! It would be so good to have a watch like this one…… Please produce it!!!!!! :-)

11. avatar Aphosno says:

I like this one! It looks a little cheap, I am not sure why. But if the price is right, it is mine. Maybe you hide the leds under a black translucent cover? Then it looks better for me. The reading is hard but the display looks great when on.

12. avatar Arawn says:

My god, it’s just the greatest watch i’ve ever seen! I want it!! (That’s a very good job Laszlo !)

13. avatar SW says:

hmmmm its a no go for me seems to bland for my taste instead of all gree try making each of the sec a diffirent color like the sec minuets and hours not each little stick

14. avatar Chibikuma says:

I love this, please get it made NOW! I want one! It looks amazing, and it’s in Binary!

15. avatar yum-204 says:

Super!
    Could you make that: half a day glows green LEDs, other half day – red LEDs. And separated segments like the Predator’s gadget has. As well as an alarm clock and stopwatch with a characteristic sound!
    That will be like make Ubiquam U300 with SD. :)

16. avatar Jon Antilles says:

Wow I want one of these, please make them.
    Should be water resistant than the watch would be perfect!!!

17. avatar kishen says:

i really like this work may buy in the future woud love if i got it free

18. avatar cliffdover says:

I would buy this!

19. avatar brunoj31 says:

Purified design, simple lines and easy reading. This one is wonderful. Very good work!!!

20. avatar Yves says:

Searching for such a watch for a long time. I will buy it ;) pls inform me when it’s done…

21. avatar Lil says:

Just another piece of your brilliant works Laszlo.. there`s nothing else to say. :)

22. avatar Jonny says:

I would buy this watch for myself, for birthday gifts, and Christmas gifts.

Please make this watch.

23. avatar Chibikuma says:

PLEASE can this watch be made already? I want it NOW!

24. avatar igor says:

What is likely hood this will be released within 2011??

25. avatar igor says:

for the tron inspired led watch the seven r zero n

they should make an orange one, same with this orange and black is great

26. avatar Dylan says:

By far my favorite watch on the forum and in production. I love the whole predator binary theme. It reminds me of the black satellite watch but with more complexity and coolness factor. Only thing that could make it better for me is an added date option and possibly a flashy animation. (The more ways to show off my awesome predator watch the better) But I would buy one without these features.
    Please make this watch a reality Tokyo Flash. I would buy one immediately.

27. avatar steve c says:

Laszlo…once again you have come up with a great design. my brother alan would love this,it’s his fave flick. Mine’s,however,is blade runner,hmmmm…wonder if someone could design a nexus 6 or tyrell watch. just sayin’ is all.

28. avatar mkornel says:

What a beauty watch is it?
    I love this concept. I like the binary way of time displaying.
    Very good,thank you Laszlo!

29. avatar peter says:

Ohh, I like it very much, I want it!

30. avatar eva says:

I want this watch for my husband. When can I buy It? Could you design for the ladies?

31. avatar Bogarte says:

This is an amazing design and should be published along with the 7r0n they would both be top sellers. The company should invest in these

32. avatar Bogarte says: