Past Future, Pocket watch design

Watch Design submitted by Maciej Mandrysz.

This idea is a combination of an old pocket watch and new technology. Thanks to some kind of LCD display and bigger size, it can be used as an MP3 player or can display other information like weather, or simple pictures..

Rating: 4.4/5
Past Future, Pocket watch design, 4.4 out of 5 based on 95 ratings

Tags: ,

10 Responses to “Past Future, Pocket watch design”

1. avatar Tokyo Pimp says:

Cool Design Maciej! Futuristic with a classic look. I would like to see the one on the left then push the button then it shows the time in a futuristic way like Rogue. NEW and OLD in one design.

2. avatar said says:

great job Maceij! simple and efficient concept! all what I like!
    How did you do the rendering?

• avatar Arrimer says:

Hi Said, thanks for positive feedback. There was no rendering it’s just photoshop, simple brushes and loads of patience. It is just concept, in final version we obviously would see some buttons etc.
      Thanks again everyone.
      Maciej

3. avatar GabrielBB says:

great job. Excellent. I like the ideea of combinig old staff with tehnology. Awesome !

4. avatar Avatara says:

Yeah, this is very clever indeed. I too like the contrast between traditional and futuristic. What would be really cool is if you could touch the display to turn from the traditional clock into something futuristic like Rogue. Would love to have this on a chain in my top pocket. Very Doctor Who!

5. avatar Lufromcalab says:

Love it! I own one pocket watch already and this would be totally awesome, if you could push daily schedule data or short list / blue tooth link with task list. Because it’s a pocket watch design, you could ‘pad it out’ a little and add a couple features, without taking away from the style.
    Tell the time, and so much more…

6. avatar carzorthade says:

Looks good! If it had a readout like the Rogue I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Wow. I think this is a great idea. This victorian watch in LEDs is so cool! I also like the text version. There you really READ the time, tehehe. You can do so many things with that round LED array. Such a pocket watch, I would buy in an instant :D

I would buy if there is no MP3 player. ( & information like weather, which is not useful ) Because this would mean a lot of buttons, & be really complicated. The idea about the simple picture is nice. Maybe put 1 button on the top, like the old pocket watch. The time would be shown when the cover open. The buttons used to change the time should be as small as possible. Or put hole on it & the “buttons” would be inside and give an accessorie with a small nedlee tip to change time.