Mangekyo LED watch with kaleidoscope effect.

Design submitted by Patrick from France.

Patrick says: An enigmatic watch inspired by my “Mangekyo-Watch-LCD“, like the latter, inspired by my “Hiding-Watch“.

The “Mangekyo- LEDs-Watch” (see details on reading by my “Mangekyo-Watch-LCD”)

AM – PM. Displays the time and date. Alarm mode. Unisex design for small & large wrists. Stainless steel case, & clasp.

The “Mangekyo-LEDs-Watch” is intended to many people which wish, initially, to hold secret the reading of its watch.

The “Mangekyo-LEDs-Watch” is, with the first access, of a cryptic reading complexes, but when you have the solution, it is of a disconcerting reading of facility.

Rating: 4.1/5
Mangekyo LED watch with kaleidoscope effect., 4.1 out of 5 based on 39 ratings

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

22 Responses to “Mangekyo LED watch with kaleidoscope effect.”

1. avatar Tokyoflash Japan Product Design Studio says:

I really like the jewel-like quality here, tinted lens to match the LED colours which gives it a glossy vibrant feeling.
    Quite an eclectic mix going on ~ but it all works together well; the mirrored web, the descending lens, the tunnel-effect LEDs. Reading the time fits in nicely & doesn’t feel forced at all.
    Love the animation which re-enforces the whole concept.
    Hard to pick a favourite, but perhaps the blue/silver combination. Excellent work.

• avatar Patrick says:

Thank you TF for the beautiful comments, perhaps that a day they will offer the chance to me to have the manufacture of the one of my projects?

2. avatar Nev says:

I loved the LCD version, but this one is even better, Patrick.
    For me the descending lens is what makes this the best with the numbers on the edges rather than the faces. Brilliant!
    This one must get made. Good luck and 5y.

Very nice Patrick! My new favourite of your designs! Love the feeling of depth the faceted face gives, especially when exaggerated by the tunnel effect of the digits. I just hope this gets the score it deserves! 5/Y best of luck sir! :D

• avatar Patrick says:

Hi Pete, I’m glad you like it this new project, I hope that one day I would be likely to belong to the very exclusive club, of the designers having had a production?

Totally awesome trip-a-mundo! 5y

Very nice combination of the other ideas! I think it’s the best among the three concepts. I really like the concave display – outstanding. As Toky says, it’s much going on but it’s working together well. Bonne chance!!

6. avatar Andrew Joy says:

This LED display has depth & crazy shapes it should appeal to people looking for a cryptic watch.

7. avatar Alma Mauron says:

Cuanta imaginación! !!

8. avatar Lola says:

As Alma says, what an imagination with this design. A piece of jewelery

9. avatar José says:

Although this is an inspiration from a previous concept, I think I will see time differently and kaleidoscopic.
    Good concept and well done.
    Good luck Patrick :)

I like the display, specially when the lights are off. The pre-time animation is nice.

I’m not sure about the kaleidoscopic element. Look nice but might be a (personal) problem.

At least, there’s no seconds!

• avatar Patrick says:

Hi Matt, thank you for your comment and your vote.
      If you have a problem of reading, it is necessary to share visually into 4, the display and you will more easily distinguish the figures in prospect.
      It is also necessary to have a reading perpendicular to the dial.

• avatar Makkovik says:

I meant that kaleidoscope give me a headache in less than 15 seconds!

Having seconds would be a no. Not having them make it a static/paused kaleidoscope.

• avatar Patrick says:

Matt, you can also remove the animation to maintain headache or quickly press 2 times the button and avoid the animation (I never draw watches with seconds, it seems useless on this style of watches?)