Design submitted by Matt from Canada.
Matt says: I present GRID 2.0
It’s a remake of my Grid watch submission ( http://blog.tokyoflash.com/2014/08/grid-watch-merges-cryptic-digital-time-reading/ ) based on a few suggestions:
1) The display is a vertical rectangle (sized at 36.5 x 44.5). Hour & PM/AL/date positions have been rotated.
2) It’s now using 2 colors. (Instead of 4)
The band width is the same than the case. The band and the sides of the band and case have matching grids over matching lenses. When off, it look like a simple wristband!
How to tell the time:
Hour = the two 6×2 blocks on the top. They are each divided in 3 squares.
Reading order = left to right.
Red lights = 1-6
White lights = 7-12
I did an animation showing 3 methods to display it:
1) Red +1, up to 6. Then, white +1, until 12.
2) Red +1, up to 6. Then, 1 white light replace 1 red light, until 12. (Basically: Red = 1 & White = 2)
3) Red/White ribbon: Similar to option 2: Between 1 and 6, 1 red light replace 1 white light. From 7 to 12, 1 white light replace 1 red light.
Minute = The 2 big digits at the center. (The 1 use the central column.)
Features (PM/Alarm/Date) = The 3 lines (or 2 lines and 1 block, for the alarm) at the bottom.
Reading order = PM at the left; Alarm at the center; Date at the right.
The color of all the LED’s matches the color of the current hour. Any 2 colors sequences can be used.
It’s possible to add animations like chequered sequences with 1 or 2 color(s), or line by line. Big/small blocks & any direction are possible.