LED watch inspired by building spaces

Design submitted by Moatasem from Egypt.

Moatasem says: As an Architect and a Design developer, the idea came from applying architectural principals to form a dynamic geometry that is both minimal and attractive. The flow of a basic module helps to create accurate spaces in buildings; that also applies to objects such as wrist watches.

The monitor in the middle tell the hours by showing the numeric shapes. The right geometry has 3 lines, divided to 11 segments, each segment represents 5 mins. The left geometry has a single line divided to 4 segments each represents 1 min.

The fact that it’s unusual, yet simple. It expresses plenty of thoughts and feelings. Perhaps its mysteriousness and attraction play the biggest role in making it special.

Rating: 3.3/5
LED watch inspired by building spaces, 3.3 out of 5 based on 42 ratings

Tags: , , , ,

19 Responses to “LED watch inspired by building spaces”

Hi Moatasem, the project this a very original form.
    5 * / Yes.

Looks cool! 5y

Bought instantly when I saw the first image :) 5*/YES I like me some edgy case and red and white lights!

4. avatar gordon says:

5* FOR ORIGINALITY AND VISUAL INTEREST!

5. avatar Firdaus R says:

I like edgy and geometry of the face. Something that I would consider buying. Time telling is okay but the overall watch is my type. 5*Y :-D

6. avatar Antoine says:

Cool ….when can I buy it….

7. avatar Nev says:

Great design, Moatasem. The first two images sell this perfectly and I would definitely want one if TF make it.
    I noticed that the lefthand example on the last image shows 12:44 not 12:45.
    Good luck and 5*/Y

• avatar MASA says:

>.< ohh my sincere apologies for this mistake..lol its even more embarrassing as I am the designer… (sheesh I am gonna kill myself for this). But Thank you so much for letting me know about it, I will be more cautious in my future works. I am also glad you liked the design too ^_^.

8. avatar Anders S says:

Cool looking watch, this… I can certainly see the architectural inspiration, it reminds me a little of perspective grids, but that might just be me…=)
    Not much to find fault with, really. I suppose it could be a little more cryptic for those who favour that sort of thing =), but it’s not really necessary for the concept.
    Also, it’s always good to see submissions from places other than europe, asia and north america. Best of luck!

• avatar MASA says:

Thank you for your support ^_^,and I totally agree with you. It certainly needs to be more cryptic, in fact i thought about this as a disadvantage, but I guess in the end I chose to work more on the casing design rather thinking about a new pattern.

• avatar Anders S says:

People’s tastes differ so different levels of ‘crypticness’ will appeal to different people, I’ve found. As long as the concept as a whole has integrity (which I’d say this does) I don’t think it makes a whole lot of difference.

9. avatar Muhammad Salah says:

Damn man of course I like it :)
    It’s just amazing :D
    5 stars bro ^_^

Nice shapes, forms and lines. Feels very edgy and modern! I like the time telling, it’s not as cryptic as some but I like its simplicity. It’s cool enough for hardcore TF fans while being easy enough to read for more mass appeal. 5/Y best of luck sir! :D

I like the odd shape. I would prefer if the hour digit 1 was on the right. I would also prefer if the 5′s & 1 minutes lights would be inverted. It would also work great as a 12-5-9 ! I would buy.

• avatar Makkovik says:

The “lights inversion” is because I’m ok with passing over the central part when reading Center > Left > Right but I don’t like to do it Center > Right > Left.