Triarch – Old themed analog watch with a twist

Design submitted by Jose from Spain.

Jose says: Some time ago, reviewing old papers, I found some old pictures of my technical drawing studies, one of them contained three arcs of a circle, and it has inspired the TRIARCH concept watch.TRIARCH, takes the old theme of analog watches with large central seconds hand. The operation is the same, only the hands that showing hours, minutes or seconds, are digital, and when they move, they leave a trail or solid line behind them, the color will vary according kind of display you will choose for the development (LCD, TFT, etc).

In addition to the hours, minutes and seconds, TRIARCH shows you, the day of the month and the month and alerts you, if you wish, through a alarm. For a more accurate reading of time, features a fixed bezel includes markings for the hours, minutes or seconds.

TRIARCH stands for minimalism of the concept, ease of reading, classic style, but with a techno-contemporary touch, can appeal to a variety of audiences among which we could mention those interested in fashion and trends, interested in the new technologies or lifestyle. So both men and women, according to the materials and finishes.

As usual, I really enjoyed preparing this project, I’d like it if you think worthy, and if you have time, your support and share it.

Rating: 4.4/5
Triarch - Old themed analog watch with a twist, 4.4 out of 5 based on 119 ratings

Tags: , , , ,

49 Responses to “Triarch – Old themed analog watch with a twist”

Wow – this is a STUNNING design! The idea of trailing lines is great, and the overall feel of the watch is fantastic. I love your minimal use of colours, too – always gets votes with me!

5y

2. avatar Nev says:

The trailing line concept is similar to Firdaus’ Uzumaki, but with the analogue hands as well, it is different enough to justify both being in my collection, if this gets made. I prefer the ones with the 3 different coloured hands/trails – looks more interesting. Gets my vote. 5*/Y

• avatar Jose says:

You’re very kind Nev.
      Thank you very much for your support to the concept and I hope Triarch be part of your collection someday. :)

Very simple and effective design, looks great and is really initiative without having to be too radical. I like the technical look that would constantly changing due to the seconds had. I agree with Nev, if the multi-coloured hands/arcs are possible then that’s the one I would pick. 5/Y best of luck sir! :D

Hi Jose, nice watch, nice work!
    5 * / Yes.

5. avatar Anders S says:

Stylish! good work Jose, an interesting twist on the classic. I assume that once a hand’s gone round full circle the trail will disappear and begin again?
    Good luck with it!

• avatar Jose says:

Thank you very much Anders S.
      Yes, it is as you have thought.
      Take this opportunity to congratulate you for your latest concept Antikythera, best of luck with it

6. avatar Michael says:

Get this on my wrist NOW

7. avatar gordon says:

very nice watch, it has a Hublot feel to it which is good in my book

8. avatar xian says:

Jose, you’ve made my list of fav TF designers! I love your design sensibilities others have touched on: the color and material combinations, the pure arc forms. Your modeling/rendering skills are up there with the best! I excitedly gave you 5*/y before even reading comments.

9. avatar Firdaus-kun says:

Very catchy design. First impression I thought It was either e-ink or mechanical analog watch, but as read in description, its an TFT watch. So forget about technical details. IMHO with metal strap this design would look better. I like the use of single color among black and white display. Good luck to u and have a nice day!

• avatar Jose says:

Thank you very much for your suggestion Fird (the Great) and for your support.
      Take this opportunity to congratulate you on your concepts Shift and Crimson, best of luck with that.
      Cheers :)

10. avatar Jorge Otero says:

Muy original: Ahora el modelo analógico me encanta, me gustaría lucirlo en la muñeca; es posible? Ánimo!!

11. avatar sophie says:

Trendy and colourfull… I like very much. It could be a good Christmas present for my brother….next year…. best luck with this proyect.

12. avatar Jose says:

Thanks for adding this design to the blog TF!!

13. avatar zoe says:

I think it is a very modern and practical design for right now. congrats

5*/YES

Very nice design! So easy to make, so eyecatching and confusing at first, and so simple actually. I like the black/grey/white/one color and the variations. Good luck with this cool analog watch!

Looks classy Jose. ;) I gave it 5Y the other day. Good luck with it.

16. avatar Dany says:

GENIAL como siempre. A ver cuando puedo ir presumiendo de un reloj tuyo en mi muñeca. Un 5 por supuesto y porque no hay más. MUCHA SUERTE.

17. avatar Andrés says:

No dejas de sorprendernos, ¿de dónde te vienen tantas ideas y tan buenas?. No cambies porque eres GENIAL. Un 5 no hay duda. SUERTE.

18. avatar dani says:

nice job again, Jose. U always hit the target: modern, classical, futurist, elegant, casual… doesn’t mind, u do.
    5* as usual. hope to get one of your designs.

19. avatar Iria says:

Me encanta este modelo,me parece funcional y original.

20. avatar Donatelli says:

Potente diseño, de fácil lectura, es moderno, ecléctico, minimalista, sin olvidar las lineas clásicas.
    Puntuación 5

I like the idea & the overall look. I would consider buying it.

22. avatar Grant says:

Great watch! 5*s. I like the trails. The second hand doesn’t have to be colored, but it’s a nice touch.

23. avatar Jose says:

Thank you all for your kind words, comments, suggestions and support. Thanks Tokyoflash for posting this concept I take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you on the next project, until then enjoy life

24. avatar Cris says:

I love your design! It´s an original, useful and awesome watch!! I really want one!! Where???