Prism LCD watch features a hexagonal lens.

Design submitted by Laszlo from Hungary.

Laszlo says: The Prism is an simply LCD wrist watch. On the top of the screen a hexagonal prism creates a thrilling spectacle.

Rating: 4.7/5
Prism LCD watch features a hexagonal lens., 4.7 out of 5 based on 188 ratings

Tags: , , , , ,

12 Responses to “Prism LCD watch features a hexagonal lens.”

I like the look and your images are great as usual. I like a 3D lenses probably more than the next guy but I would like it to have more relation to the time telling somehow. Best of luck sir :D

2. avatar Anders S says:

It’s a nice idea, seems a very cost-effective way of introducing an interesting effect without using outlandish tech. I would however agree with Pete that I’d like to see more integration between the effect and the time telling… There’s not really anything wrong with it, I guess I’d just like to see it taken further. Good work!

3. avatar Nev says:

The idea is good, but the result is disappointing. The problem is the numbers – they are so ordinary that it ends up just looking like a broken watch face. With more interesting numbers this would be an interesting concept.

• avatar Nev says:

Congratulations for “Quasar”. I ordered one as soon as it appeared and should have received it today, but FedEx were a day late collecting it, so now have to wait until Monday.
      A number of your other designs are great too, “Prism” just doesn’t work for me. If you submit “Prism v2″ with some more outlandish number designs, this would get my vote.

• avatar Laszlo says:

Thank you for the congratulations.
        I hope you are happy with the Quasar. I’m thinking something outlandish numbers. If I think of something interesting I’ll publish right away.

Congratulations Laszlo for “Quasar”. I read the small text that accompanies your motives and I noticed that you talk about your wife’s patience, I just hope I have the chance to have one of my models produced one day, before my wife decides divorce, ah ah ah.
    Nice work! A well deserved production.

Laszlo, congrats on quasar, I’m tempted to buy one! The above watch, however, doesn’t really inspire me…feels a little unoriginal.

6. avatar Laszlo says:

Thank you dzign555.
    …no problem.

I don’t understand the effect that the prism should have. The display is interesting but too standard. I like the way the 1 is done.