Web LCD Display Watch Design

Design by Laszlo from Hungary.

Laszlo says: Many of the digital concepts presented on the blog show hours and minutes, but not seconds. Including the seconds adds to the appeal because not only is it a more accurate representation of the time, but it also attracts more attention with an ever changing display.

The choice of a hexagonal LCD display was inspired by a spider’s web, and is ideal for showing six digits of time – hours on top, minutes in the middle, and seconds on the bottom. But, why should only the seconds animate? Instead, each digit is composed of seven horizontal slices, which display successively from the inside out, showing a complete display once each second. The “WEB” also includes a backlight feature.

The unique orientation of this hexagonal display is highlighted by some geometric accents on the case. These add to the decor, and allow the case to better accomodate a metal strap.

Rating: 4.8/5
Web LCD Display Watch Design, 4.8 out of 5 based on 337 ratings

Tags: , , , , , ,

12 Responses to “Web LCD Display Watch Design”

My new favourite of Laszlo’s designs. Simple idea but works really well. Love the always on always animated display! Congrats to you sir 5/Y best of luck! :D

Nice one Lazlo! 5Y. :)

3. avatar Jordan from Canada says:

It looks very nice and simple but it changes before I can read it O.o

4. avatar Anders S says:

Very nicely realised concept! Everything just fits together, and I especially like the transition from case to strap. It’s not easy to get right, particularly with a hexagonal case, but this is an elegant solution. Nice work all round, sir!

Nice one, Laszlo! I really like hexagonal watches – the 3D Unlimited is my favourite TF watch that I own. Your watch goes a bit further, with seconds/ 24 hours being represented. I also like the tiers which lead down to the watch band. Keep up the good work! 5*/y

6. avatar Leonard says:

Great idea! I have a suggestion. Can we read the time clockwise? I think Clockwise reading is better that spliting the minutes left-right.

• avatar Andrew Joy says:

Brilliant concept. I agree if the time was displayed / read in a clockwise direction it would make it easier to tell the Time. Furthermore I would like to ask Will their be Other LED Back light Colour options available for this watch ?

7. avatar diclonius says:

so simple, yet so cool!
    5/y!

looks VERY cryptic, but it’s also very easy to read :)

8. avatar Heather says:

I like this a lot…the constant animation is great…TF, if you make this, keep the size similar to the 3D Unlimited…it works very well for unisex. :)

9. avatar Krautesh Vakir says:

Totally want one of these :) 5/Y

10. avatar Laszlo says:

Thank you so much for all the comments! Special thanks to Heather for a description of the watch!

The overall look is ok. But I have 2 problems with the design : 1 ) the animation at every second, not good, but could be good at a different refresh rate : 1 every 10-15 sec. 2 ) the orientation of the numbers of the minutes.