Encryption LCD watch with morse code style display.

Design submitted by Lloyd from Australia.

Lloyd Says: ”Encryption” is an LCD concept watch that displays the time and date in an enigmatic way using what appears to be Morse code.

Don’t worry you don’t need to know Morse code. If you just ignore the dots, you’ll see that the remaining dashes form 4 digits giving the time or date.

Encryption is USB rechargeable via a computer, and has a Morse code alarm. The watch’s case and strap are made from stainless steel and are available in silver or black. The display is “always on” and is available in several colours.

This design would appeal to anyone who likes codes, puzzles, optical illusions, cool gadgets, creativity, thinking “outside the box” and having fun. Geeks and non-geeks would enjoy it equally.

It stands out because of its unique cryptic display which is deceptively easy to read.

Rating: 3.8/5
Encryption LCD watch with morse code style display., 3.8 out of 5 based on 77 ratings

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

34 Responses to “Encryption LCD watch with morse code style display.”

Thanx for posting this design TF!

• avatar Tokyoflash Japan Product Design Studio says:

You’re welcome. You have done a really nice job of hiding the numbers yet having them visible – the balance of the illusion is perfect.
      After seeing this I think I like it even more than Spotcheck. The animations could be awesome with these lines & dots.

• avatar mushy says:

Thanx for the that TF. :) I think this is easier to read but I like the zaniness of Spotcheck. Animations would be cool! :D

Mushy, great job!
    5 * / Yes.

Beep beep beepedy beep hehehe. Very very clever! Nice inspiration, great numbers, good looking display. Definitely bought and 5* Good luck Lloyd!!

• avatar mushy says:

Hey thanx Sam. Yeah that’s the alarm noise I was thinking of. hehe My grandad was a wireless operator in the navy during WWII. I think he would have got a kick out of this. :)

Very cool and works really well, simple clutter free design, me likey! 5/Y best of luck Mushy! :D

(TF yay for the tripple post! :D )

5. avatar Krautesh Vakir says:

This is pure awesomeness 5/Y :)

6. avatar Leonard Lee Kah Khiong says:

This few days, there are some many design showcased on TF is inspired from the Telling time method like Heather’s Stencil. The only different is the design. Sam with simple neon tube, Anders’s CK12 using strips and Telephone dialing pad and this one optical illusion with straight lines and dots. Every one of them is awesome! So, this one also 5 stars from me!

7. avatar Heather says:

hey, lloyd – you know i’m a fan of this one! ;) 5*

8. avatar TheWhispofSmoke says:

when i first saw it i was like that is going to be tricky to “decode”
    then i read through and it was very easy to understand
    great work 5/y

• avatar mushy says:

Thanx Whispy! ;) I was a bit worried voters might think that.

• avatar Samukun says:

Could be. If one isn’t willing to go deeper into this or any other concept, then a bad rating could occur. But this THE blog for watches that show their potential at a second, maybe third view. I must say, this time telling is soooooo simple, once you know it. It’s so cool that people take the time to understand the concepts.

9. avatar Firdaus public says:

Complicatedly simple! This is your design that I like most King-san!

*****

Nice one, Lloyd. Next time make it audio with beep – bip – beep….badaboom.

Sorry…don’t know where the last bit came from, but 5 *!

11. avatar BrainBoggler says:

Great design, Lloyd…complexity sprinkled with simplicity! I hope you can crack the code for making this one a reality!

12. avatar Dianekmt says:

. _ _ _ _ _ . _ _

(W O W)

Diane.

:-)

It’s a nice design. The optical illusion on that one will not be a problem for me. But the morse code alarm would be. ( I hate that sound ) It would be nice if the user could switch the color.