Time from the Sun and Moon Rays

Design submitted by Miguel from the USA.

Miguel says: After looking through many concepts in the Tokyoflash blog, I noticed many watches incorporated designs modeled after the moon. I asked myself: “How could I come up with a design which used not only the moon, but also the sun?”This watch design uses the elements of the sun and moon to tell the time, but it can also be used to tell the date. Aside from the sun and moon, it also uses marks found on regular watches to help the user, making really simple to read. It tells the number of hours and months by pointing it out using the moon’s two edges. It uses the sun’s rays and the 4 horizontal dots inside the sun to tell the number of minutes and days. The missing ray indicates the correct number. Two other two dots above and below the row of 4 dots represent AM/PM.

This revolutionary and stylish design can be worn by people of all ages. It is not only the intriguing design and bold colors which attract people to this watch, but also because it serves as a breath of fresh air. The concept is sophisticated, fun, and most importantly, new.

Rating: 3.0/5
Time from the Sun and Moon Rays, 3.0 out of 5 based on 38 ratings

Tags: , , , ,

10 Responses to “Time from the Sun and Moon Rays”

The time telling method is fun and simple. In the right case could look very nice. I could imagine this looking nice with a brass like background with black LCD lines (check out “s-line solaris” for this look) Good luck Miguel and welcome to the blog! :D

2. avatar Firdaus public says:

This is another artistic display. Call it cheesy, it is yes indeed but on the artistic side its really appealing and bold. I can imagine this in a good case and synthetic strap. Next time, put some extra effort to your designs and submit a complete watch design. Good luck!

Hi Miguel, welcome to the blog!

I like the astrological approach and the look is ok. I appreciate the neon-like interpretation of ancient engravings. But a the sun looks a bit too kiddy and a sun that misses a sunbeam isn’t much aesthetic to me. But that’s just me :) Actually it’s ok to have just a display idea, but internet is cruel. People want it all or nothing. You seem to have some graphical skills. You could grab a watch image that you like from the internet and make a collage with your display idea – way more appealing. Keep it up Miguel and good luck!

4. avatar Leonard Lee Kah Khiong says:

Five stars for the idea! One thing, the dots. How could the dots help telling times and AM/PM? My suggestion … forget those dots because it is no much useful in the time. And is this a clock? If it is a watch, suggestion from Firdaus public and Samukan is right.

5. avatar Jules says:

Poor presentation. The time reading is very confusing. Sorry Miguel I do not give out stars and I would not buy it!

6. avatar InfamousGrouse says:

I rather like this, if only because when I saw the yellow one my first thought was “Masaka is waking!” Any other nerds have the same reaction or is it just me? http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Masaka

7. avatar HallMaryanne20 says:

Trouble just about traffic to your website? Want your internet business to be more successful? Thus, you obviously need article submission service. Manual article submission issues is a must for internet sites!

8. avatar Miguel says:

Thanks for the advice guys, forgive me if my presentation was not good but Im not very technologically inclined, meaning me and computers don’t really get along :) I dont know which programs other people use to make their designs so realistic, but ill try much harder next time..

• avatar Makkovik says:

I use SketchUp from google and paint. Some use Blender, Kerkythea. and Gimp, instead of paint/ adobe photoshop. ( they are all free except paint which you need a windows os )

I love the idea. It would be easy to tell the time. 1 suggestion : the 5 minutes increments was a full sunbeam instead of missing it. It would be a nice pocket watch.