The Turbine V3 LCD Touch Screen Watch Concept

Design submitted by Firdaus (Malaysia) & Peter (UK).

Peter and Firdaus team up to design another version of Turbine inspired watches. The Turbine V3 is an always on LCD watch design with touch screen function. The design element was inspired by the turboprop of aircraft with sharper blade-look.The time telling is very easy, like in analog watch. The shorter blade indicates hour and the longer blade indicates minute in 5 minute step. Additional 1 to 4 minute is shown in digit (refer provided visual). Note: also similarly like time telling in Kisai RPM and Seven.

As a redefined version of turbine inspired watch design, hopefully the V3 would be appealing to those who favorite the previous design, as well as to the rest of Tokyoflash fans.

Turbine V3 is designed taking consideration of technology used in existing Tokyoflash product line. It is a relatively easy and fun way to tell the time at the same time is unique and stylish looking.

Rating: 3.9/5
The Turbine V3 LCD Touch Screen Watch Concept, 3.9 out of 5 based on 79 ratings

Tags: , , , , , ,

40 Responses to “The Turbine V3 LCD Touch Screen Watch Concept”

1. avatar Krautesh Vakir says:

totally awesome 5 / Y :)

2. avatar Heather says:

This is a very appealing design – the size looks good – and I love the subtle indicator lines! ;) Nice strap, too – looks comfy…Great collaboration, guys! I would buy this! 5*/yes.

Thanks TF for adding this design to the blog, and thaks Firdaus for the coop (and doing most of the work!) :D

4. avatar Gordon says:

Nice work guys!

5. avatar Ranjan says:

Nice clean work … great one … good color selection … Nice imagination n’ presentation … :-)

6. avatar Ben says:

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ’nuff said.

Very friendly, a watch that I could buy quickly.
    5 * / Yes.

Q.Q I kinda miss the 3D-lens. Some subtle distortions or etchings would work nicely with this cool design I think. The more I can have the turbine spinning effect, the cooler (pun intended). The overall look is appealing and the little details are make it look like arleady available. 5*/YES/WOOOOSHHHHH

• avatar Pete says:

This is very much the most subtle end of the spectrum in comparison to the original. So a hybrid of this version with elements of V2 would be the ideal for Sam, interesting. I have to give Firdaus all the credit for those photo realistic images, like you say it could be on sale already. Thanks for the feedback and the vote! :D

OK, it’s basically an analogue watch with curved hands, but I can see how the spinning hands might be fun. It also makes me think of ninjas and flymos (lawn mower) rather than a turbine. I kind of wish it had more blades like in your first image with maybe the 2 indicator blades being either a slightly different length/colour or marked in some way so as to make them stand out from the others. I think that might make it look less like a normal watch and make it more interesting. But that’s just my opinion. 5 Ninja stars and Yes. Nice graphics. :)

• avatar mushy says:

If you had multiple blades istead of just 2, maybe you could have LEDs on them to signify which are the indicator hands. The spinning blades would also look cool in the dark! I dunno if this is possible tho. You could also stick the number in the middle.

• avatar Pete says:

Hi Mushy,
      The design is an LCD watch with an analogue time telling method. Im not sure hover-mowers is the ideal comparison we would ideally want! lol
      I understand what you mean reagarding the number of blades. If you had all the blades showing you could highlight the time by having the appropiate blades flashing (like I did on one of the V2 time telling examples)
      It would probably be possible to have both methods as modes on the same watch as the you are using the same LCD segments for either method. Cheers for the comment! :D

10. avatar Laszlo says:

Nice design! 5*/Y Good luck guys!
    (Just a little note: I think it works with a single layer too!)

11. I would love to own one of these stellar watches. The design is awesome!!!

12. avatar CARTERMAUDE30 says:

The history essays presented by famous custom writing services can be detected by everyone in internet. Thus, it’s possible to order research paper cheap.

I like the pale green one. Please give me one – so that I can have my evening supper. 5*

After some consideration, I think this watch has to be one of my favourites of recent times!!

15. avatar Firdaus says:

Thank guys for support and comment. Thanks TF do~re~mi~fa~so for posting this and Pitukun so~fa~mi~re~do for this collaboration.

16. avatar thesis writing says:

It is very executable to purchase thesis titles related to this good post in the dissertation (exclusivethesis.com) service especially if you do not have time.

The overall look is very nice. I like the curved hands and the dot in the middle. But “normal” analog watches are not my cup of tea. I wouldn’t buy.

• avatar Pete says:

That’s a shame Makko as this isn’t a “normal” analogue, but thanks for pointing out the features you do like:D

• avatar Makkovik says:

This is why I put it between ” “. I meant 2-3 hands, with the same origin points, analogue watches are not my style. ( because I’m almost always mixing the hour and the minute hands, unless there is a difference, other that the size. )

• avatar Pete says:

Okidoki, no worries. That’s the great thing about this blog is the variety, so there is always something for most people. :D

Time is running out for this one!
    Thanks to everyone who voted, commented and shared/liked!
    Cheers to TF for adding it too the blog!
    And a big thanks to Firdaus for involving me on this cool coop project! :D

Pete from team GB :D