Pyramid LED watch left behind by ancient aliens.

Design submitted by Sam from Germany.

Sam says: This time I liked to make an expressive watch based upon a pyramid. I was inspired by the theory, that the big pyramid in Giza (also: Gize, Gizeh) or mayan pyramids were build by aliens. The pyramids influence architecture in sci-fi movies so why not a watch? This I thought a futuristic alien pyramid watch would be cool.

The time reading works pretty earthly (the aliens brought it to us actually). The red LEDs point at the hours, like a traditional analog watch would do. The blue watch hands point at the 5 minute steps (5,10,15,20 etc.) Four additional green LEDs on the pyramid edges are the 4 extra minutes.

The alternative monochrome display is a bit harder to read but looks more stylish. You can distinguish hours from 5 minute steps by looking at how they are bent. Clockwise bent watch LEDs are hours, counterclockwise bent LEDs are 5 minute steps. The edge LEDs remain extra minutes.

This is a watch for aliens among us, conspiracy theorists, sci-fi fans, and people who like to wear expressive accessory.

Rating: 4.5/5
Pyramid LED watch left behind by ancient aliens., 4.5 out of 5 based on 95 ratings

Tags: , , , , , , ,

36 Responses to “Pyramid LED watch left behind by ancient aliens.”

1. avatar MRiddickW says:

I really like this design! It has that perfect blend of obfuscation/ambiguity to those who do not know, and simple enough to read for those who do know.

2. avatar Jonathan says:

Wow! This watch is absolutely AMAZING . Once again Sam strike’s again with his gorgeous designs.

3. avatar Krautesh Vakir says:

I would buy this in a heart beat :) awesome design concept Sam.

Oh cool Sam! Nice and easy to read too! 5 * and Yes!

5. avatar Firdaus says:

I like pyramid. Love this design Sam J, cryptic, uniqe and easy to read when you know how. A hot cake sell it in front of pyramid Giza. A flower, rafflesia for you!

• avatar Samukun says:

▲♥

Heeheehee, thats would be cheesily epic indeed to have a little pavillion in the souvenir lane infront of the pyramids.

Thank you for the comment and the *sniff sniff* flower :3

Thank you Toky for posting this concept! Finally the blueprints are published to the world. I tried to translate them as exact as possible.

This design has been a long time coming, but well worth the wait! I love the simple but alien looking form and the simple time telling method. Reminds me of the aliens in the “Pitch Black” movie. Luckily this watch will be less bitey than the for mentioned aliens! 5/Y Best of luck ObieSamKenobi! :D

As usual 5 * / Yes!
    There is a resemblance to the “Angular Watch” for the view “pyramid”, who does not remove anything with this beautiful project.

• avatar Samukun says:

Yeah, by now the pyramid topic has been adapted several times. My concept is already a year old but got lost due to changes behind the blog scenes. I resubmitted it and I’m glad it’s online now :D

9. avatar brankokf says:

OMG. one of the coolest watch design i’ve ever seen!
    Hope it become reality! Awesome work!!!

10. avatar Heather says:

yeh, mas!! sa a nainotulb, i yletinifed tif eht cihpargomed no siht eno! ti sah emos sessulp dna sesunim rof em, hguoht. i nac daer eht rolocitlum eno tsuj enif (yay srotacidni!), tub i referp ym hctaw ot ton eb rolocitulm. yletanutrofnu, i evah a tol fo elbuort gnidaer eht emorhconom yalpsid. hgu. yllaer looc aedi, hguoht!
    ecnis s’ti ton rof em, m’i ton gnivig a rats gnitar no siht eno.
    fi hsalfoykoT sediced ot ekam siht, i dluow tseggus eht srenroc no eht sedis eb ssel ytniop.

• avatar Samukun says:

Sgniteerg! Hey thats nice Heather, riaf and tsenoh comment, as the blutionians would say. I can see your points and agree with your suggestion :)

11. avatar TheWhispofSmoke says:

great design sam, i dont know how you keep coming up with them, i prefer the black with white lights
    5*Y

• avatar Samukun says:

Thank you Smokey!

I don’t know either. The ideas come from everywhere and I just feel the need to turn them into something sharable :)

12. avatar Knash says:

Very cool. Unique.

13. avatar DaZnogoud says:

Hallo Sam,
    Es ist einfach und einzigartig also echt geil.
    (Ich wuerde trotzdem deine LED-basierte Modelle zuerst kaufen, ok TF?)

14. avatar Timo says:

Stargate…
    5*/Yes

15. avatar Deep Thought says:

I LOVE IT!
    I love the elegance of the band, Tokyoflash will try to change it, however, so argue for the original band! I love all the different color palettes, especially the rust-colored one. This tops my list of the best watches on Tokyoflash, tied with the Kisai Seven <3. I would buy this right now, have any prototypes?

16. avatar Deep Thought says:

Oh, and 5*, of course.

• avatar Samukun says:

First of all, can you explain me why 42 and not 41 or 43?

Then thank you for the comment and the vote! It’s cool that you appreciate the different versions :) The pyramid topic was very inspiring and I liked to play around with it. I love rusty metal, when the rust is tamed. I also like massive metal that can handle scratches. Ah sorry, no prototypes yet.

Check you the photo album on my page for inspirational images and now sketches too:

17. avatar MinVic says:

PLEASE MAKE THIS WATCH NOW!!! SHUT UP & TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

I like the concept and it’s shape. ( a special note for the wristband ) I love the monocrome on the golden-colored case and the case of the last picture ( it’s kind of a red rock with a lot of marks instead of a flat surface ) My only concern is the 4 single-minute marks position. ( it might be better to have them grouped in the middle, for a better reading time )

• avatar Samukun says:

Oh grouping the single minutes in the center, and letting the other markers that are nearby split up towards the center would work too. It’s cool that you like the geometry and the Mars version :) Thanks for telling Makk!

Imagine how surprised the returning pyramid builders would be if we had watches based upon their ancient blueprints! A new age would come… Until then, keep enjoying this cool blog and stay openminded. Thank you all for your opinions and the support!

Terrestrial regards,