Timebender LCD watch reveals partial digits.

Design submitted by Lloyd from Australia.

Lloyd says: This concept watch design is called “Timebender” because its ‘hands’ sometimes look bent and droopy. They are also very reminiscent of the melting clocks in Salvador Dali’s painting “The Persistence of Memory” and give the design a surrealistic feel.

Each pair of ‘hands’ on this watch is actually the top of a digit with a dot added just to help create the illusion that they are watch hands. All you have to do, therefore, to find out the 4-digit time or date is figure out which digit each of the 4 pairs of ‘hands’ belong to. It’s that easy. The ‘hands’ do not move. Please take a look at the explanatory diagrams below.

This watch is USB rechargeable via a computer. Its strap is made from a man-made material that is animal friendly and the LCD display is “always on”. It comes with a choice of several different coloured straps and the display is available in different colours too.

I feel this design would appeal to anyone who likes puzzles, art, surrealism, games, quirky things, lateral thinking, creativity and thinking “outside the box”.

This design stands out because of its completely original and slightly wacky looking display which is also modern-looking and very simple to read.

Rating: 3.8/5
Timebender LCD watch reveals partial digits., 3.8 out of 5 based on 73 ratings

Tags: , , , , , , ,

22 Responses to “Timebender LCD watch reveals partial digits.”

I was like

*face like having eaten a grapefruit*
    *beginning to understand*
    *being able to read it easily*
    *smile at the creative idea*

Lloyd! This is clever and fun! I like that you’re keeping a sober style in the watch design and the hands remain the most playful element. 5°/YES and good luck. It’s a really fresh idea!

This is cool, the time telling is tricky at first but you soon recognise the numbers easily. The case is clean and simple but with enough detail. I love the black one with white dials. One of your best imho! 5/yes and best of luck!

3. avatar Heather says:

very creative! i love these digits! nice work. :D
    the only tricky part is that the 2 and the 3 are pretty similar, but there is a noticeable enough difference that i feel it can be learned quickly.
    awesome. 5*/yes.

4. avatar Dianekmt says:

This is cheeky! Four apparent sets of hands and none point to the time! Some people would be confounded at first glimpse, however it is very easy to acertain the time when you know how. I especially love the purple faced version. It is very clear to read, and would be great for people in a hurry. Very cool!

Diane.

I love tricky time telling paired with a simple case/display ( wich ease the learning process ) & this is a perfect example of that. At first, I was not sure about the 9, but after looking at it for a few minutes, I realize that it’s the only full circle.

And the wide possibility for the color choice. I would probably choose the red ( or blue ) display with the black strap ( or red ).

I have an idea for the strap, for TF : put 2 in the box, 1 in the color of the display & 1 black. ( or I would buy a replacment part )

I would definitely buy it. 5*

Thanx a lot Makkovik for your support and feedback. There are lots more tricky designs coming up.

7. avatar Firdaus the herbalist says:

¡ʎɐldsıp ɥɔʇɐʍ pooƃ ʎɹǝʌ ɐ ǝq plnoʍ `ʇxǝʇ ɹǝpuǝqɯıʇ ʎʌɐʍ ǝɥʇ uı pǝʇsǝɹǝʇuı ǝɹoɯ ɯ,ı `ɯǝlqoɹd ɐ ǝʌɐɥ ı ʇnq
    ˙uɐs-ǝuɐıp `uıɥɔ-ɹǝɥʇɐǝɥ `unʞnʇıd `uıɥɔ-nɯɐs ɥʇıʍ ǝǝɹƃɐ ı ¡ɐɥɐ os sı sıɥʇ

¡ɐɥɐ ɐɥɐ `uɐs-ƃuıʞ ǝuop llǝʍ

˙˙˙snoıʌqo sɐ `plnoʍ sǝʎ puɐ sɹɐʇs 5

8. avatar Cory says:

Love it Love it Love it.

Case is awesomely original, Digits are incomprehensible to the uninitiated, but instant recognition once you know the secret. Tokyoflashy to the max!

Great going, Lloyd!

9. avatar Jun Fan Lee says:

there is something about a watch with 4 dials that is damn awesome…come…i buy.

10. avatar Rina says:

I like the blue one. These people who design these awesome watches are genius!

Hi Mushy, this watch also could have been called “iceberg” because there is a submerged part.
    A simple and original idea.
    5*/Yes.

Hehe I like that name Patrick! Thanx a lot for your support. Keep designing. :)

13. avatar Benjamin says:

I want one. Very nice design, and would be fun to confuse your friends with. I like the rubber strap, but I bet it would also look amazing with black/silver (metal).

Either way, I think this would be a gorgeous watch!