UFO Saucer Digital LCD Watch Design

Design submitted by Peter from UK.

This watch design is a combination of Sci-Fi and retro design.  The classic flying saucer shape seemed to lend itself to a watch.

To tell the time you simply push down on the centre of the saucer which operates a push latch which raises the centre section revealing a wrap around the display.  Time revolves around in a glowing b-movie style.

The underside of the saucer also has a glowing ring to add to the effect.  To turn off, simply push the centre again to close the saucer.

ufo_saucer_digital_lcd_watch_design_orangeufo_saucer_digital_lcd_watch_design_time_sample_blueufo_saucer_digital_lcd_watch_design_time_sample_greenufo_saucer_digital_lcd_watch_design_color_variation

Rating: 3.5/5
UFO Saucer Digital LCD Watch Design, 3.5 out of 5 based on 60 ratings

Tags: , , , ,

30 Responses to “UFO Saucer Digital LCD Watch Design”

1. avatar Bobby says:

I would LOVE to buy one of these, but PLEASE lose the UFO lettering. It is much better without that. Great watch!

• avatar Pete says:

If you wish to see newer/better images of this concept please drop by my fb page (PF Design) click on my yellow name and look at the photo albums.

Thanks for the Feedback Bobby! :)

• avatar diclonius says:

i agree!
      i like the overall concept. the whole push down to have it pop up thing.
      however i think that actually having “ufo” on it, just makes it look kinda cheesy.

• avatar Pete says:

I think Sam’s suggestion of the Kisai logo would be a nice alternative, but I would have not issues with having no logo at all. Im glad you like the overall concept.
        Thanks for the feedback diclonius! :)

2. avatar Ranjan says:

Nice concept … seems like driver watch … one can see while driving a car, bike when your hand is in tilted position …

If possible represent time at the surface around the dome where you have write UFO … Nice signature watch …

Aaah, it is a watch which I know already, of my friend Pete, I like also a lot because I like science fiction for years 50-60, among others …
    So it’s always a 5 * and a Yes!

• avatar Pete says:

hehe, Patrick is also biased as he has also done cool UFO style watches in the past!
      Thanks for the comment and the vote Patrick! :)

Mars Attacks!

I suggested this for Patrick’s concept back then too: It’s an UTTO, an unidentified time telling object ;)

+ the opening mechanism! GMTA Pete :) I hope TF shows my Revelation watch not too soon, hehe. I love it!
    + the time revolving, perfect within the theme and definitely cool
    + the landing light, imagine this! This must look like an arm invasion when you wanna check the time!

+- It’s a bit chunky, but that’s the logical consequence of the theme.

- I think this time a Kisai logo would’ve been better than the UFO letters. Minor thing, don’t worry :)

I’ve seen your alternative materials on your page and I like the metal bracelet one. That bracelet and the time revelation are making me really really want the watch.

• avatar Pete says:

Cheers Sam, Yeah the Kisai logo would have looked cool, wish I’d have thought of that! :p
      Could be a little slimmer if needed, but I went for the classic shape.
      Thanks for the critique (in vain as it follows your epic cypher!) lol
      Thanks a lot Sam :)

Thanks TF for adding this concept to your blog (shame is after the epic cypher! tough act top follow) If anyone would like to see newer/better images of this watch check out my fb page (PF Design) click on my yellow name.

6. avatar Dek says:

Wow, this is awesome! Should appeal to the sci-fi fans like me!
    The newer images on your face book page are vastly improved!
    Based on those 5* and Yes sir!

• avatar Pete says:

I’m glad you like it, hopefully others will too.
      Yeah the newer images were in response to feedback from my page, they do look a bit more impressive.
      Hopefully people will check them out before voting as it may improve their view!
      Thanks for the comment and the vote :)

7. avatar CLP says:

I like this a lot! it looks a bit big for a Ladies wrist but would make a great present for chap!
    5 stars and yes!

• avatar Pete says:

Yeah its probably better suited to a larger wrist in its current format, but could be easily shrunken down for a Ladies version.
      Thanks for the feedback! :)

8. avatar Cole says:

I really like this, its retro futuristic chic! Im loving the metal bracelet version on your page! needs to be made!
    Would buy this no hesitation if it were made, 5/yes

• avatar Pete says:

Thanks for checking out the newer images on my page, yeah the metal bracelet works well, looks more war of the worldy!
      Thanks for the comments Cole! :)

9. avatar Firdaus public says:

Interesting design you got here. I vote for outside the box idea. We from secret organization for UFO hunt will surely buy these for each members!

• avatar Pete says:

hahaha, MIB (Men In Braces) Ideal promotional product for Trekie conventions! Can I put you down for 100?
      Thanks for the outside the box comment! :)

10. avatar Cory says:

The men in black would be your first buyers of this awesome watch.

Your newer renderings of the design look great! Me Gusta.

11. avatar Tim says:

Wow this is really fun! I like this.

12. avatar Keiron says:

Cool shape, and i love the way it opens and is visible from the side. Very original and unique concept as always Pete :)

• avatar Pete says:

Hey Keiron, Happy Birthday btw. Have you seen the newer images on my page? they do it more justice.
      I’m glad you likey! Thanks for the comment! :D

According to the computer this entry RIPs tonight (not entirely convinced)
    but as this one has gone pretty quite I will summarise.
    This entry had a fairly modest amount of interest and has aquired a modest score.
    It hasn’t seen much action on the external blogs either sadly.

Thanks to everyone who did vote and comment and as usually we will just have to hope TF see’s some potential.

Regards