Triangular Time Watch Concept

Design submitted by Sauvage from France.

Sauvage bought the Kisai Rogue SR2 and thought of an LCD triangular concept that technically works much the same way.

The watch has a classical stainless steel design and uses LED & LCD technology.  Time is displayed on the triangular LCD screen which is divided into 28 portions: 12 large ones for hours, 12 medium ones for 5 minute blocks, and 4 small ones for minutes from 6 to 9.

There are 2 LEDs for AM/PM and an indicator for alarm status.  The two push buttons work the same way as in Rogue SR2.

triangular_time_watch_concept_led_displaytriangular_time_watch_concept_reading

Rating: 3.9/5
Triangular Time Watch Concept, 3.9 out of 5 based on 81 ratings

Tags: , , , , ,

27 Responses to “Triangular Time Watch Concept”

Looks great! I like the geometry (very nice details) and also the watch face. Time reading looks hard at first but it’s easy actually. I first thought the display is analog based (position implies value) but you just have to count. Single hours collected in 4-packs, 5-minute steps collected in 4-packs (20 minutes then) and single minutes collected in a 4-pack – easy. Good color variants, nice lights. 5*/YES

2. avatar MadMatt says:

It reminds me of the original Battlestar Galactica TV series which had a cultural relationship with pyramids.

3. avatar Firdaus public says:

Thanks God, now I don’t have to make it, since God already sent someone to make this awesome design. It’s a triangle creed! I like the entire look of this watch design. My purchase for sure. 5! (and love the rendering too, very sharp).

• avatar Sauvage says:

Wow! Thank you!
      I used Kerkythea Echo, a totaly free but very complete ray tracing software (http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/).

• avatar Firdaus mobile says:

I know that ray tracer, I’ve downloaded and tried it before, but the community seems dead and the latest update if I’m not mistaken was on 2008 or 2009. But it’s an excellent external rendered for blender, I gave it up because I hate to do modelling and rendering in saperate software (need to export and then render from the render software). But it’s great seeing someone is using it and it’s now 2011, and the result is superb. Off topic sorry, but I salute you for be able to handle it.

• avatar Sauvage says:

That’s true, the community seems dead & the latest update was on 2008.
          Personally i use Wings 3D for modeling.

I love the aesthetic of this watch but the means of telling the time looks complicated. If you could make the time clearer its a winner. 5* and Yes

• avatar Sauvage says:

Thank you!
      If it’s technically possible, may be the portions could be differently tinted like on the explanatory picture…

• avatar Pete says:

You could always seperate the minutes from the hours slightly (bigger gap between or border, a triangle within a triangle) to make them clearer without ruining the overall look. Nice renderings btw

5. avatar rachid says:

pour sur ça à de la gueule! une esthetique travaillée chapeau.

5/yes very nice job and i love fractal objects you have an additional customer here.

• avatar Sauvage says:

Merci beaucoup Rachid!
      Tu es tombé juste, je me suis inspiré d’une figure fractale triangulaire. ;)

The triangle is often used in much of case, but it remains very attractive.
    5 * / Yes!

7. avatar Jun Fan Lee says:

This watch is so cool. its like a futuristic army style watch, it looks just so cool i cant explain it, the way the case fades into the strap makes it even cooler!

8. avatar Jun Fan Lee says:

This watch deserves very high rating, the way laszlo thought of the time telling layout is very good

9. avatar Jordan from Canada says:

I support this because I submitted a design almost exactly like this as my first entry to the blog. Since I had no 3d experience, the visuals weren’t very nice, but you’ve spiced it up a ton.

Good job!

• avatar Sauvage says:

Thank you!
      “I submitted a design almost exactly like this”.
      I’ve just seen it… Indeed, but the reading method is different.
      Nice concept Jordan! Triangular geometry looks good! :)

10. avatar Jun Fan Lee says:

I just love this watch sooooo much!! I want black and red!!

11. avatar AcanthaceousShrike says:

The visual impression is not that convincing to make me get along with the tricky reading system. The three small separate triangles destroy the hint of a harmony. The shape of the case is not my taste either, sorry.

12. avatar diclonius says:

i have to give credit where it’s due.
    this is well thought out, well done, and very unique.

that being said……..i dunno, for some reason…..it’s just not for me.

Times ticking away for this one Sauvage. Lets hope TF saw the potential, best of luck!