Time in Notes Watch Design

Design submitted by Laszlo from Hungary.

A watch concept with e-paper display showing time in musical notes. Time is indicated by notes and sounds.

There is an AM/PM function and also includes 440 Hz “A” sound to help in tuning musical instruments. The sound functionality can also be disabled so only time in shown in notes.

time_in_notes_watch_design_animationtime_in_notes_watch_design_time_sampletime_in_notes_watch_design_time_samples

Rating: 4.6/5
Time in Notes Watch Design, 4.6 out of 5 based on 324 ratings

Tags: , , , ,

41 Responses to “Time in Notes Watch Design”

1. avatar Greg says:

This watch is amazing, I am predicted legend status much like the 7r0n.

Very nice concept! The sound option is a very creative way to tell time. I’m not a musician, I also don’t play an instrument so I cannot judge if the display is authentic or “just” fun. It would be perfect, if a musician can tell the time instantly ;) E-paper is a wise choise, because notes are normally written on paper and this looks reasonable. The case is verrry nice. I like the shape and the material. It is piano black right? Laszlo, this is a hit (I hope Google tranlates it good back in hungarian, hehehe).

Hi Laszlo, a real good idea, very friendly with the music that tells the time, what better to show the passage of time (with e-paper, incredible technology).
    5 * / Yes, very good idea!

4. avatar Jun Fan Lee says:

Great watch. The concept is totally unique and a clever way you have made the time telling through musical notes! 5* and yes…i would buy this!

Im not a musician and cannot read music so this doesn’t really grab me.
    I like the look of the thing however and agree that it is a clever and unique idea.
    If it had a reveal mode where the time could be shown in digits (that perhaps morpth from the notes) that would increase the appeal to non-musicians perhaps.
    Nice but not for me, but still worth a 5 for originality :)

6. avatar rachid says:

1/No ! because i am jealous and mean :(

but seriously very good job the display is clear and i think there is a huge potential in “ear training” i imagine people willing to learn solfège without making any effort using this watch or a variant, or simply playing at recognising the sound.

i want this watch

and ok i give you 5*

• avatar Laszlo says:

I like your opinion. Solfege…
      I learned solffege for 4 years and i’m hate it, but i think it’s the easy way to learn music.

7. avatar Gabriel_BB says:

Nice work again, Laszlo. excellent concept. inlcuding the watch, strap, presentation. all of them made in a professional way.

8. avatar ranjan.watch says:

It’s really a great musical design … beyond one’s imagination …

9. avatar sl0wb0t says:

How do you display a zero? What would the time look like at exactly 12:00, or at 12:05?

10. avatar Laszlo says:

Yes, Thank you Sam for the help.

11. avatar Rob says:

Im a musician and this would be an instant purchase for me! an absolutely amazing idea! The tuner is an amazing add on that would be used constantly by musicians. What if for times like 2:10, the 10 was a half note instead of quarter notes? and for zero a quarter rest? My personal opinion would also be to have bass cleft as PM not AM. Id be glad to offer any support or help as a musician! If this gets made I’ll gladly be the first to order one!

12. avatar logan says:

I’m not enough of a musician to wear this, but I like the case shape. Other than that, I have only one comment:

Ralf Hutter? What would Liszt think? :)

• avatar Laszlo says:

Kraftwerk Kraftwerk is, Liszt is Liszt. (The first good quality jpg what i can find on the net: Neonlights.

13. avatar makino says:

Hello Laszlo,
    1st of all i’m not a designer & also have nil knowledge on the technical aspect of a watch. I’m just curious as why do you still go with e-paper in your design when obviously TF has commented in your previous design that there are several problems with e-paper?

As for this watch, i actually prefer a watch that can tell me the time at a glance but i like the look and the concept & its very unique. It would take me some times to familiarise myself with the time reading. All the best to you.

14. avatar Jordan from Canada says:

I had an idea like this :3

Yours is better though

15. avatar Xenagogue says:

I LOVE this watch. I have studied music most of my life, and think this is one of the most brilliant things ever. Laszlo, you have outdone yourself. I’ve been lurking this site for some time now, but I couldn’t keep from commenting on this watch.
    With as many great designs as you’ve come up with, this one strikes me as perfect gift for my musician friends.
    5*/y/y/y/y (I would buy 4.)

16. avatar Firdaus public says:

I’m not really a fan of e-ink, and the reading system, but I think this design is cool, and solid. Would like to see a bard wears it.

17. avatar Koekeishiya says:

I love this, and I have the perfect person in mind for it, my only thought would be to make it a little more female friendly?

18. avatar John says:

I hope you make this as I have it in mind for a wonderful gift

19. avatar Tom says:

I can’t read music so this one is out.

20. avatar Hduarte1 says:

Oh Dear GOD!!!!!! Where do i swipe my card, i want this RIGHT NOW! Amazing strap and Notes OMG just make this already what are you guys waiting for???? Just like Music uuuuuhhhhhhh!!

21. avatar RB says:

This looks great but I would prefer the “A” sound to be 424MHz. Maybe selectable?

22. avatar HeatherDuana says:

I do really would love to buy this musical time watch if it isn’t way too expensive like over a $100.00 & if it’s over a $100.00 I won’t be able to afford this watch at all but if its under $ 60.00 or close to $70.00 then I can try to save up my money to buy this watch & I love it a good job & I give this product a percent of %990

23. avatar SK says:

This watch has such a great feel to it!

I would LOVE to always wear music around my wrist!!!