Transparent Analog Watch Design

Design submitted by Firdaus from Malaysia.

Firdaus says of his design: “A sleek, minimal, low cost conventional analog wrist watch that looks different but not too strange”.

This watch design is a conventional analog watch incorporated with conventional compass.  It’s old technology with a new look.  Despite its fragile look, this watch design is actually highly durable with combination of tough clear mineral shell inside a clear silicone body and strap.

Firdaus says this is a good replacement for Tokyoflash Nekura watches.  This watch design is artistic and different.

This aims for a low cost watch that is easy to produce with a wide range of target market.

transparent_analog_watch_design_02transparent_analog_watch_design_03transparent_analog_watch_design_04transparent_analog_watch_design_05transparent_analog_watch_design_06transparent_analog_watch_design_07

Rating: 4.3/5
Transparent Analog Watch Design, 4.3 out of 5 based on 121 ratings

Tags: , , ,

36 Responses to “Transparent Analog Watch Design”

1. avatar Greg says:

As long as it is relatively inexpensive and won’t get scratched easily, this is a purchase for sure. The color options shown are nice. Another great design from Firdaus!

• avatar Firdaus says:

There’s scratch resistant coating like implemented on gorilla glass, it is possibly implemented on this watch too, hmmm.

2. avatar Firdaus says:

Yay, but why the first hard earn render is not posted? Still thank you so much.

3. avatar Cory says:

Kawaii, Firdaus-sama! Really strange designs are inspiring on here. I like seeing designs take risks! Maybe I’ll take one soon, who knows?! Strangeness can be fun when it looks this cool. 5y!!!

• avatar Firdaus says:

Arigatou Korikun. I talked to you before, actually I also want to see something strange from you. Strange is art, hmmm…

4. avatar Jordan (Jordair) says:

Maybe some sort of liquid with a chemical reaction in the watch to make the band change translucent colors when exposed to sunlight?

• avatar Firdaus says:

I afraid it would be dangerous, and liquid will vaporised on heat temperature. But regarding color changing, there is already color changing paint like what we can see on hotwheel cars, not sure if applicable on transparent material. But thanks for the suggestion, appreciated, hmmm.

• avatar Jordan from Canada says:

Hm, there’s some sort of material that changes color depending on heat or UV rays or something…

• avatar Firdaus says:

Yes there is, I am aware of it… if it possible to implemented here then that would be very interesting, likes, likes, nice information…. hmmm ;-)

5. avatar Jonathan cedeno says:

I love it. It’s so jetson.

The only thing I don’t fancy is the shape of the case. The rest is damn cool! I can see this in the shop.

• avatar Firdaus says:

Yay Sammitech, this is the watch I was talking back then. Any suggestion on the shape of the case? hmmm ;-)

• avatar Samukun says:

As for my personal taste, I would not take a rounded sqare but just widen the staps smoothly in the case area. But I’m able to ignore that detail. The watches I have from Tokyoflash also have little things I don’t think they are perfect for my special taste, but I have them and I like them. So is your watch :)

7. avatar Akinori Nemoto says:

WTF!!
    This concept is so cool and simply beautiful.
    If CG’s clear material would be realized, I brandish my wrist to anyone.

なんてことだ!
    このコンセプトは非常にクールで美しい。
    もしCGのクリアな素材感が実現されれば、誰にでも見せびらかしたくなる。

8. avatar Jun Fan Lee says:

I love the green one, it realy reminds me of master cheif’s helmet from HALO hehehe

9. avatar jonny hart digital says:

last night i was literally thinking of this as an idea. excelent execution.

10. avatar Cherubim says:

This is nice!Awesome!

11. avatar MisterD says:

wow! really nice one :D

Watch beautiful Firdaus, you are part of professionals in this blog and you prove it once again!
    5 *

13. avatar Ferox says:

I like the concept but the look is too clinical-feeling for me.

• avatar Firdaus says:

I understand what you feel as its one of the purpose of this design – look clinical, hmmm. But if you look at different perspective it also has the feel of designer watch for those who fly the aircraft, hmmm.

14. avatar logan says:

Fantastic renders. Should be easy to customize. I’d prefer the black model, so my arm wouldn’t show as much, but I know that some others like the clear/invisible look.

15. avatar Avatara says:

Hi Firdaus

Fantastic work here, I love the idea and renderings. Oh, I just love it to bits. If I have any concerns, I wonder how the strap would be adjusted – the plastic looks quite rigid and I don’t think it would close around my small wrist. Love it though, well done. The compass is a fun touch too. Great stuff!

• avatar Firdaus says:

The strap should be adjusted just like Nekura watch, hmmm, regardless of it’s look, its basically transparent silicon, so nothing advance here. The silicone off course bendable, not solid one, such medical grade silicone, but more percentage of transparency + mixed with other material to make it durable and resistant of scratch hmmm. I’ve seen such material otherwise I will not dare to propose such design. Just for your info, all watch designs from me are taken into the account of small wrist size, since I myself has a small wrist hmmm. Hence, this watch is adjustable and will just fit any wrist size . Thank you very much for the concern Avatarasan, I am always happy to explain, hmmm ;-)

16. avatar Aphosno says:

I think im too old for this watch lol. It looks cool but too cheesy to me. The concept itself if great tho. **** for the good idea but a NO because its just not my taste.

• avatar Firdaus wants to learn says:

That’s a fair comment. I understand, too old, too hairy, too pinky, too much unsettling skin tone; thats probably draw point for someone either to go for this watch design. With some color variation, especially the black one would give some point for this group to consider wearing it. But **** is many, and thanks for the input, hmmm.

17. avatar JC ROMAN says:

Greatings from México, Very nice!