Time Patterns

The artistic display on this concept features a formation of unique shapes which show the time.

The black stainless steel case has modern lines and the links in the strap have bevelled edges creating a strong robotic look.

The time can be read simply; hours in red, groups of five minutes in orange and single minutes 1-4 in green. The smoked convex lens that covers the LEDs means that when the time isn’t displayed the screen will be black.

Rating: 4.2/5
Time Patterns, 4.2 out of 5 based on 39 ratings

Tags:

10 Responses to “Time Patterns”

1. avatar Tokyo Pimp says:

Love the color combo on this watch and the layout really looks Alien more so than any other designs I have seen up to now. Please make this one!

2. avatar shinyoka says:

Love this Watch, It reminds me something from a Robot Control room or something

3. avatar TheSquirrelKing says:

Does this remind anyone else of the Klingon computer screens from Star Trek? It does for me, and I’m nerdy enough to think that’s cool. Seriously, nice design. Throw in a cool animation or two, and it’s done.

• avatar TheSquirrelKing says:

As an addendum, I wonder how the design would look with the 2, 3, and 4 single minute markers slightly enlarged to use more of the empty space they sit in.

4. avatar pm says:

I really like this watch. No criticisms at all. The colours and the shapes for the time are very futuristic – excellent. Strap matches well and the proposed black screen for when the LEDs are off sounds just right. I would suggest a day and date feature and USB charging.

5. avatar Ace says:

Not bad…

6. avatar Tokyoflash Japan Product Design Studio says:

Thanks for all your input.

7. avatar Rumplestiltskin says:

Really like the color scheme on this one! While the abstract shapes of the hour and minute markers combine with the color scheme to make a really beautiful face, I still feel that the watch will be a bit difficult to read.

8. avatar onisan says:

Pretty cool. I’m not sure I would wear this one, but I do like it.
    So at 5pm, all the hour segments light up 1,2,3,4,5 ?
    So then at 12:59 everything is fully lit up & at 1:01pm just a few sections – that is kinda cool. I dont know if it would get difficult at 10:58 or not.

9. avatar eatthepudding says:

My first thought was that the watch was very Klingon in design too, except for the green bits.

But it would be nice to have a picture of what it looks like when it’s showing the time.